Post: Business Support Officer
Hours of Work: 37 hours per week (some out of hours maybe required)
Salary: £22,183 + up to 6% matched pension contributions + 31 days
annual leave entitlement (plus bank holidays).
Job purpose: To provide efficient, flexible and proactive support to the Senior Leadership Team and to assist and provide cover for the Executive Assistant when required.
Responsible to: Executive Assistant
Duties and Responsibilities:
General Support to Senior Leadership Team:
- Service meetings as required, including planning and preparation, providing general support, taking and distributing minutes & papers, and typing up flipcharts and notes.
- Prepare agendas and take minutes for meetings as needed
- Manage and respond to a variety of correspondence
- Develop and maintain an effective progress chasing system
- Prepare and assist with presentations and spreadsheets, including creating PowerPoint presentations to a high standard for internal and external meetings
- Undertake research and information gathering activities and provide management information data as requested.
- Assist in maintaining inventory and manage equipment including troubleshooting of basic hard/software problems, working closely with relevant parties.
- Set up and maintain appropriate, effective and efficient office systems as required.
- Work effectively with the central administrative team.
- Work within BSWA’s administrative and financial systems and provide support where required.
- Ensure BSWA complies with data protection standards and registrations.
- Ensure that all information received is treated in the strictest confidence, and that all such information is regulated and controlled in a similar manner.
Support to the Chief Executive
- To work with the EA to organise and maintain CEO’s diary, including scheduling of appointments, meetings etc., and ensuring no conflicts arise and suggesting alternatives as necessary.
- Ensure effective management of all incoming and outgoing mail, including email; assessing and redirecting, as well as prioritising, archiving and highlighting important mail to EA
- Screen all minutes, mail, paperwork, to highlight action points in a timely fashion and ensuring actions are implemented.
- Leading ad hoc projects as directed by the EA
- To maintain the confidentiality of the women and children using the service and in all matters relating to the organisation.
- To offer an equal service to all women and children regardless of age, class, culture, language, race, religion and sexual orientation.
- To work within BSWA policies and procedures and demonstrate a commitment to the values and ethos of BSWA.
- To work within BSWA and local multi-agency child and adult safeguarding procedures.
- To work within BSWA’s framework for equal opportunities and anti-discriminatory practice.
- To undertake any other duties required by BSWA, which may arise and commensurate with the post.
- 31 days annual leave (excluding bank holidays)
- Up to 6% matched pension contribution
- Free access to Employee Assistance Programme
- Life Assurance scheme while in employment
- Cycle to Work scheme
Women only need apply. These posts are covered by a Genuine Occupational Requirement (Schedule 9; Equality Act 2010).