Children & Family Worker
- To work in partnership with mothers/carers to identify children and young people’s support needs and to ensure those needs are met.
- To undertake needs analysis for each child and young person, to ascertain the level of support needed and the type of activities required to meet their needs.
- To develop and deliver a comprehensive programme of one-to-one and group therapeutic and play sessions, and shared activities within refuge.
- To provide school holiday play schemes in refuge.
- To supervise and accompany children and young people on trips and visits outside of refuge.
- To provide one to one support and family support with families living in the community.
- To seek approval of all programmes with the refuge manager and ensure that these are discussed with other relevant members of the staff team before implementation.
To participate in the development of informative literature for women and children, including a children’s introduction pack, which is to be kept up to date.
Refreshed on: 03 December 2020
Closed date: 16 December 2020
Job ref: Children and Family Worker
Tags: Support Worker