- To process and reconcile various financial administrative tasks
- To provide effective financial administrative support to all BSWA services
- To provide support to the Finance Manager.
Duties and Responsibilities
- Process and reconcile grant payments to service users.
- Process and reconcile petty cash for the organisation.
- Preparation of quarterly expenditure reports to funders.
- Process monthly expense claims.
- Provide information required to prepare financial reports for the senior leadership team, the Board, funders and stakeholders.
- Support the delivery of the year-end financial reporting.
- Be responsible for ensuring that financial documents are filed.
- Support audit processes to demonstrate compliance.
- Undertake balance sheet reconciliations when required.
- Ensure that BSWA’s finance systems are maintained
- Maintain accounts on Sage computer software
- Keep workings for project reports up to date on a monthly basis to enable any under or over spend to be identified and corrected in a timely manner.
- Support other members of the administration and finance teams whenever necessary.
- Contribute to the development and maintenance of financial systems and processes
- Work with other members of the team to develop and maintain monitoring procedures for Women’s Aid projects
- Work and liaise with colleagues in other departments to provide high quality service.
- Assist other members of the team as necessary.
- To ensure that all staff team members are aware of any matters that are relevant to the welfare and security of the refuges, staff, volunteers and service users by:
a) Maintaining BSWA communication records
b) Following safety procedures
c) Attending team meetings
- To develop a professional working relationship with external agencies
- To work within BSWA’s administrative and financial systems
- To ensure that adequate records are kept
- To keep accurate records of financial transitions in line with BSWA’s procedures
- To contribute where appropriate to the preparation of returns for funders.
- To identify and attend training relevant to the post in agreement with your line manager
- To work alongside colleagues to organise in-house training and information sessions
- To maintain the confidentiality of the women and children using the service
- To maintain confidentiality in all matters relating to the organisation
- To offer an equal service to all women and children regardless of age, class, culture, language, race, religion and sexual orientation
- To maintain a general awareness of the issues surrounding domestic violence on a national and local level
- To ensure the efficient use of resources at all times
- To work within BSWA policies and procedures and demonstrate a commitment to the values and ethos of BSWA
- To work within BSWA’s framework for equal opportunities and anti-discriminatory practice
- To participate in the development and annual appraisal of a personal individual development plan with the line manager
- To undertake any other duties required by BSWA, which may arise incidentally, develop, or be assigned commensurate with the post.
The closing date for receipt of completed applications is Wednesday 27th July at 12 noon. Interviews will take place week commencing 8th August
The client requests no contact from agencies or media sales.