- To provide effective support for the HR function (including establishing necessary administrative and database systems)
- To develop an adequate knowledge of systems. Awareness and oversight of systems and processes used within the Senior Management Team.
Duties and Responsibilities
- Support and oversee recruitment activities for the organisation in cooperation with Central Administration Team and the Senior Management Team.
- Process all new starters including production of employment contracts, induction packs, reference requests, DBS checks, Prevention of Illegal Working checks, language tests).
- Handle the administrative process of the employee life cycle (including contracts, contract addendums, employee files, probationary review calendar)
- Ensure leavers files are handled in line with GDPR and BSWA policies.
- Create and maintain all employee personnel files, ensuring archiving of leavers and cleansing of information held in line with GDPR
- Efficient management of online HR database
- Work closely with senior managers to provide sensitive and confidential support for personnel matters.
- Ensure safer recruitment practices are followed.
General Administrative Support:
- Maintain a comprehensive paper and computer filing management system.
- Management of online H&S training platform (adding new users, managing course enrolment, liaising with the account manager to add new courses as needs arise).
- Assist with the management of BSWA policy reviews (keeping schedules, liaising with relevant managers, updating central records with latest policies).
- Maintaining DBS database and ensuring regular checks are carried out in a timely manner for all staff.
- Support with development activities of BSWA (internal and external Training, Joint Team Meetings, staff surveys).
- Provide administrative support for events (venue hire, support with activities and workshops, complete post event work).
- Provide full technical support to virtual meetings attended by members of SMT.
- Take minutes at meetings attended by SMT as and when required.
- Provide flexible organisational and co-ordination support as required and demand arises.
- To maintain the confidentiality of all service users and staff.
- To maintain confidentiality in all matters relating to the organisation.
- To offer an equal service to all women and children regardless of age, class, culture, language, race, religion and sexual orientation.
- To maintain a general awareness of the issues surrounding domestic violence on a national and local level.
- To ensure the efficient use of resources at all times.
- Provide an effective basic administrative service, including telephone duties, management of post and providing hospitality.
- To work within BSWA policies and procedures and demonstrate a commitment to the values and ethos of BSWA.
- To work within BSWA’s framework for equal opportunities and anti-discriminatory practice.
- To participate in the development and annual appraisal of a personal individual development plan with the line manager.
- To undertake any other duties required by BSWA, which may arise incidentally, develop, or be assigned commensurate with the post.
- Excellent attention to detail
- Thoroughness and accuracy
- Good IT skills 3
- Keen interest in HR
- Ability to maintain confidentiality is essential.
- Ability to cascade information verbally and in writing with accuracy and sensitivity.
- Excellent organisational skills
- Confident communicator who can build successful working relationships with colleagues at all levels within the organisation
- Awareness of safer recruitment practice.
- An understanding of women’s issues and feminist principles, in particular around the issues of domestic violence and its implications for women and children.
- Commitment to providing services within an anti-discriminatory/equal opportunities framework to meet individual needs.
- Experience of providing administrative support in a busy office
- Experience of managing and prioritising own workload
- Experience of HR administration is desirable
The client requests no contact from agencies or media sales.