Refuge Project Worker with language specialism
To assist the refuge manager in the day-to-day running of the refuge, developing and delivering a front line service offering support, advice and guidance to women and their children living in the refuge.
To produce and regularly review Individual Support Plans (ISP) for each service user, in conjunction with the service user.
• To recognise women and children’s individual needs and refer to specialist agencies where necessary as part of their ISP.
• To identify the needs of women and children leaving BSWA refuge after being offered permanent accommodation.
• To identify and make links with existing projects and community services and to develop joint services where appropriate.
• To ensure the primary needs of residents are met. This includes medical, financial, housing, legal and education rights.
• To organise activities and celebrations in the refuge for women and children which raise self-esteem, bring people together and broaden awareness
We are particularly keen to recruit staff who can speak community languages, particularly Punjabi, French, Polish, Somali and Farsi. All positions, unless otherwise stated, are full-time, 37 hours per week.
These posts are subject to a 6% pension contribution. Women only need apply. These posts are covered by a Genuine Occupational Requirement (Schedule 9; Equality Act 2010).
BSWA operates within Safer Recruitment good practice guidelines. Please note all successful candidates will be subject to a Disclosure & Barring Service Check before commencing their employment.