Volunteer Role: Community Bereavement Volunteer
Reports To: Bereavement Counsellor
Location: Birmingham St Mary’s Hospice
Department Manager: Head of Family and Carer Support Team (FaCST)
Making a Difference: To provide 1:1 telephone support to bereaved individuals in the community.
Key Duties – You will…
- Provide telephone bereavement support to help individuals in the community explore their grief and find ways of coping
- Help individuals to process and make sense of their bereavement
- Attend regular supervision.
- Respect and maintain confidentiality
- Keep the Bereavement Counsellor updated after each telephone contact.
- Ensure any issues or concerns are communicated to the Bereavement Counsellor.
Will the role suit me? YES, if you are…
- A trainee/qualified counsellor or someone with experience of supporting vulnerable individuals.
- Someone with excellent listening and communication skills.
- Able to understand the impact of a bereavement upon an individual’s life and wellbeing.
- An enthusiastic, reliable and motivated individual.
What can Birmingham St Mary’s Hospice offer me as a volunteer?
- Membership of a friendly, professional, multi-disciplinary team.
- Ongoing support and development within the volunteer role.
- A chance to use your skills and experience to support others in need.
The client requests no contact from agencies or media sales.