BVSC has an exciting opportunity available for a Strategic Partnership Manager to join the team based in Birmingham. You will join us on a full time, permanent basis and in return, you will receive a competitive starting salary of £35,444 per annum.
Birmingham City Council and BVSC have formed a strategic partnership that will improve the opportunities for developing joined-up approaches to work between the local authority and civil society. The programme will drive change through a new integrated programme of strategic engagement and sector support that will be led by BVSC.
BVSC is a committed, values-based employer. Our company culture is based on making a positive difference through passion and innovation, with a real focus on connecting people through a collaborative approach. We are passionately about inclusivity and value our integrity in everything we do to make a difference.
We are looking for candidates that demonstrate the following BVSC organisational values:
COMMITMENT: Making a positive difference through passion, innovation and social action.
COLLABORATION: Connecting people and organisations to work together to improve lives.
INCLUSION: Empowering and involving everyone in creating a fair and equitable Birmingham.
INTEGRITY: Building trust through delivering excellent outcomes.
The Strategic Partnership Manager role:
As Strategic Partnership Manager you will play a key role in delivering the vision of the Birmingham City Council and BVSC strategic partnership. You will be developing opportunities through a joined-up approach between the local authority and civil society.
The work you do will be citizen-focused, improving services and outcomes for the people of Birmingham. You will be supporting and improving public and voluntary collaboration in order to deliver excellent services.
As Strategic Partnership Manager you will be supporting the implementation of focused sector support and development, targeting support on the organisations and in the communities where it is most needed. This will focus on rebuilding civic pride, community capability, resilience, and cohesion, Sector skills, fundraising and strategic investment.
Key responsibilities of our Strategic Partnership Manager:
- Lead BVSCs work to establish a new VCS forum for Birmingham called ‘Engage for Good’
- Facilitate and co-ordinate the new forum, convening meetings, enabling self-directed meetings/events, organising hosting (venue, facilities)
- Support the development of categorised databases offering access to designated senior staff/leaders
- Working with members of the Engage for Good forum to support capacity-building activity that responds to identified priority needs and issues
- Working with partners to develop a new programme of place/locality-based infrastructure support especially for smaller and grassroots organisations
- Implement a programme of community capacity-building that offers targeted assistance to grassroots groups specifically involved in activities that promote community cohesion, resilience, and engagement
- Implement a programme of higher-level consultancy support for established VCOs offering specialised and more complex support specifically regarding innovation, crisis, service improvement, new business/delivery models
- Identify and establish new opportunities to utilise private sector CSR efforts including Board volunteering and organisational mentoring
- Support the work of the Strategic Funding Manager and related work undertaken through the strategic partnership
What we’re looking for in our Strategic Partnership Manager:
- Experience of working as part of a management team to achieve organisational goals
- Experience of developing business and work plans that deliver positive change
- Experience of managing relationships and contracts with funding bodies
- Experience of working within civil society
- Degree level or equivalent experience
- Computer literate with excellent MS Office skills
- Excellent written skills including accurate and high-level document presentation skills
- Excellent oral communications skills and the ability to engage with a wide range of stakeholders
- Excellent research, writing and checking skills, with close attention to detail
- Ability to handle pressure and to work to deadlines
- Ability to work at the same time independently and collegially
- Excellent organisational and time management skills – planning, prioritising and managing workload with the ability to meet deadlines
- Project management skills
Closing Date - Monday 26 April 2021 at 10 am
Interviews will be conducted via Zoom
The client requests no contact from agencies or media sales.