Job Title: Transition and Diversion Worker
Salary: Point 22 to 25 (£20,661 to £22,658)
Responsible to: Network and Quality Manager
Location: BVSC, 138 Digbeth, Birmingham, B5 6DR
Hours of work: 35 per week
Duration: 6 month contract
In partnership with Birmingham and Solihull Mental Health Foundation Trust (BSMHFT) Liaison and Diversion Service we are currently recruiting for the following role:
Transition and Diversion Worker
The Transition and Diversion worker will work alongside the BSMHFT Liaison and Diversion Service from point of arrest through and out of the criminal justice system to assist individuals with multiple and complex needs to integrate back into their community and help them access local services. This role will require the ability to forge positive, links and working relationships with external services and agencies.
The successful candidate will have excellent interpersonal, communication, active listening and presentation skills, and an ability to relate to, advocate and engage with a wide range of audiences. This role will require experience of working with at least two areas of multiple needs (homelessness, addiction, re-offending and mental health) with sound knowledge of services available. This role will require a holistic and person-centred approach to support the engagement and motivation of individuals with multiple and complex needs. The successful candidate will have a proven track record of caseload management and the ability to develop and maintain comprehensive client records.
The Transition and Diversion worker will support adults to access various services available via the No Wrong Door Network and help them to gain confidence in doing so. They will develop effective links and working relationships with external services and agencies and identify key contacts. This role focuses on ‘refer and accompany’ principle as opposed to ‘refer and signpost’
PURPOSE OF THE ROLE:
- To work alongside the BSMHFT Liaison and Diversion Service to offer short term assistance for people with multiple and complex needs to access local services.
- To work in partnership with the No Wrong Door Network members ensuring the smooth transition of client referrals between agencies.
- To forge positive, links and working relationships with external services and agencies.
DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES
- To work alongside the BSMHFT Liaison and Diversion Service from point of arrest through and out of the criminal justice system, utilising knowledge, skills and experience.
- To identify needs, refer, accompany individuals to appointments and to offer short term interventions until they are offered the appropriate support.
- To create electronic records and ensure that all service user interventions and records are effectively and accurately managed and recorded on ICAT system (Intelligent Common Assessment Tool).
- To work with and maintain regular dialogue with the No Wrong Door members to ensure that individuals needs are fully and appropriately met. To apply a holistic and person centred approach to support the engagement and motivation of individuals with multiple disadvantage . This includes attending joint home visits.
- To work collaboratively with BSMHFT Liaison and Diversion Team to manage cases. This includes liaising and attending BSMHFT offices on a weekly basis.
- To work closely with Birmingham Changing Futures Together team members to ensure the effective co-ordination of linked programme work streams.
- To represent BVSC and the Programme at appropriate external stakeholder meetings and events.
- To work with Learning & Evaluation to ensure that all delivery outcomes are recorded against the appropriate information management systems.
- To respond positively and constructively to internal performance management processes and to contribute to the ethos of continuous improvement within BVSC.
- To participate in the marketing and promotion of the Birmingham Changing Futures Together programme and work under the direction of the Network and Quality Manager to develop and deliver the communications strategy for the Programme.
- To undertake any other delegated duties as reasonably requested.
We are looking for candidates that can demonstrate the following BVSC organisational values:
Commitment: Making a positive difference through passion, innovation and social action.
Collaboration: Connecting people and organisations to work together to improve lives.
Inclusion: Empowering and involving everyone in creating a fair and equitable Birmingham.
Integrity: Building trust through delivering excellent outcomes.
Closing date for applications – Thursday 5th August 2021(10.00am)
Interviews to take place on – Tuesday 10th August 2021
BVSC is an equal opportunities employer.
The client requests no contact from agencies or media sales.