Senior Church Buildings Officer
This is an exciting opportunity to play a key role in the delivery of Blackburn Diocese’s Vision 2026 "Healthy Churches Transforming Communities" through enabling the visionary use and development of church buildings.
The main responsibilities of this new role will be to:
· Be the lead diocesan adviser for parishes in relation to the creative development of their buildings, helping them to discern how they can adapt or develop church buildings and halls in response to the changing needs of worship and mission, enabling healthy churches that transforms their communities
· Work with the parishes to signpost those who can help them realise their vision, helping them access appropriate sources of funding and professional advice.
· Serve a DAC Secretary, ensuring that the Diocesan Advisory Committee (DAC) processes its business in a professional and timely manner complying with all statutory requirements, archiving and reporting in a way that supports the mission of the churches in the Diocese of Blackburn
We are keen to hear from candidates who:
· Have a passion to see church buildings used creatively to enable the worship of God and mission to their communities
· Have demonstrable experience of designing and/or planning and/or managing building projects at a senior level in a professional context
· Are creative thinkers, able to look beyond ‘what is’ in relation to a building and inspire with ideas of ‘what could be’
· Have excellent communication skills capable of establishing credibility, respect and building strong working relationships with a wide range of people including clergy, parish representatives, architects, DAC and the Church Buildings Council
· Are educated to degree level (or equivalent experience) in an area relevant to the role
The role will be employed by the Blackburn Board of Finance on lay terms and conditions. Salary £45,615 per annum, full time , 35 hours per week.
The Blackburn Board of Finance is an equal opportunity employer and is committed to creating and sustaining a diverse and inclusive workforce. There is a genuine occupational requirement for the post-holder to be a practising member of a Christian church.
Closing date: 30 September 2021 Interview date: 13 October 2021
The client requests no contact from agencies or media sales.