To lead and deliver a sustainable and high-performing fundraising function that delivers a sustainable mix of income streams founded upon excellent donor relationship development and stewardship and that is aligned to the Blesma strategic plan and is compliant with UK legislation and regulation governing fundraising activity.
· With the Operations Director, contribute to the development and implementation of the strategic plan for fundraising that is aligned to the overarching business objectives.
· Prepare annual fundraising operational plan and associated budgets factoring in risk and compliance.
· Identify development opportunities in major partnership fundraising with individuals and organisational donors.
· Ensure accuracy and completeness of the Association’s fundraising activity that evidences compliance with legislation and regulation and that exceeds minimum standards.
· Ensure that the measures are in place to deliver excellent donor experience and that they are thanked appropriately for their support.
· Ensure that all data is collected, managed and stored appropriately in compliance with GDPR.
· Report against agreed income targets and other performance indicators to the Executive Management Team and trustees. Assess key issues, report budget variance and make recommendations.
· Represent Blesma externally to relevant audiences and stakeholders. Participate in appropriate professional networking and development events.
· Manage external suppliers to derive best value.
· Lead and motivate the fundraising teams to deliver against agreed KPIs through clear direction, delegation and regular feedback on key activities.
· Manage and support direct reports in line with organisational employment legislation and corporate policies and procedures – Corporate Partnership Manager, Trusts Manager, Database Manager, Regional Fundraising Manager and Community and Events Senior Fundraising Officer.
· As a member of the Executive Team, contribute to wider business strategy development, future workforce planning and supporting organisational change.
· Champion the professional integrity of Blesma and foster a culture which promotes innovation and constantly strives for excellence.
· Work to promote the development of a fundraising ‘aware’ organisation.
· Act as deputy for the Operations Director on fundraising matters as required
- Take personal responsibility for achieving agreed income and expenditure targets.
- Monitor, analyse and report on income and expenditure variances to support the month end and quarterly forecasting process.
- Identify shortfalls in performance and, with support from the Operations Director, prepare and implement contingency plans to ensure financial targets are met.
- Adhere to all Blesma financial policies and guidelines and ensure all financial documentation is produced to agreed deadlines.
- Work with relevant Blesma departments to achieve targets, objectives, and strategic priorities identified in the Fundraising and Marketing strategy.
- Have a good working knowledge of Blesma’s vision, purpose, and impact including relevant achievements through use of internal resources.
- Undertake project work when requested by the Operations Director.
- Undertake any other reasonable duties as requested by the Operations Director.
The Main Duties above are issued for the purpose of guidance and may be subject to variation.
Key Knowledge, Experience, Skills and Behaviours:
- Ability to generate and execute a fundraising plan.
- Ability to motivate and influence supporters to reach fundraising targets.
- Ability to confidently ask supporters to raise money and continue their support for Blesma.
- Ability to create and use engaging fundraising products.
- Ability to maximise income by matching fundraising products with supporters.
- Ability to identify the best use of time and resources (own and supporters) to maximise income.
- Ability to recognise and reward people’s contribution.
- Proven experience of achieving/exceeding targets in the not for profit or commercial sectors.
- Experience of preparing and applying financial reports and commentary.
- Experience of working in a customer/supporter focused environment.
- Experience of events planning.
- Experience of line management.
- Experience of planning and delivery.
- Excellent networking and relationship management skills.
- Excellent communication skills including face to face, written and phone.
- Strong, confident presentation skills.
- Strong IT skills including knowledge of Windows, MS office, and fundraising databases (Blesma uses Raisers Edge).
- Exceptional time management and prioritisation skills.
- Understanding of the charity sector.
- Understanding of fundraising.
- Understanding of Blesma’s vision, purpose, and achievements.
- Understanding of sector best practice and relevant fundraising/charity legislation (data protection act, health and safety, etc.).
- Willing to work unsociable hours, travel and stay away from home as required.
- Full clean driving licence.
- Experience in the voluntary sector.
This job description covers the main tasks expected to be involved in undertaking the job and the main characteristics and qualities required of the jobholder. It is not meant to be all embracing and other tasks may be assigned to the jobholder as necessary and/or operational needs dictate.