Blind Veterans UK helps vision-impaired ex-Service men and women of every generation rebuild their lives after sight loss. Since 1915, we’ve provided rehabilitation, training, practical advice and emotional support to tens of thousands of blind veterans.
We are looking for a confident and friendly individual with excellent communication skills who will enjoy recruiting, training and supporting the diverse range of volunteers who give their time to Blind Veterans UK.
The job involves:
- Identifying and responding to the needs of members within the Centre by reviewing and assessing volunteering opportunities.
- Organising and implementing the recruitment of volunteers in line with our volunteer recruitment policy
- Delivering induction and training to volunteers, and coordinating volunteer involvement in the Centre programme for members.
- Maintaining regular contact with volunteers to provide ongoing support. Being the first point of contact for volunteer’s enquiries.
- Maintaining accurate, secure and up to date records on the volunteers and other service data for monthly reporting.
- Proactive in developing a volunteering service within the Brighton Centre, working with external partners and building networks to increase opportunities and awareness.
To apply, please complete an Application Form and Personal Details Form, which can be downloaded below, and send them to our recruitment email address.
This is a Monday to Friday role, however there will be occasional evening and weekend work with travel to other locations within the area. Benefits include free life assurance, sickness benefit scheme, generous pension scheme and an employee assistance programme. This post is subject to enhanced disclosure from the Disclosure and Barring Service.
Closing date: Sunday 26th July 2020 at Midnight
1st Interviews: Monday 3rd August 2020
2nd Interviews: To Be Confirmed
Should we receive a high volume of interest, we may close applications for this vacancy before the deadline so you are advised to express your interest as soon as possible.
Due to the high number of enquiries and applications we receive for our vacancies we don't acknowledge each one - if you haven't heard from us within a week of the closing date, please assume that we won't be inviting you for an interview. You are, of course, welcome to try again if a suitable post comes up. We are unable to provide feedback to candidates not shortlisted for interview.
The client requests no contact from agencies or media sales.