Blind Veterans UK is the national charity helping blind ex-service men and women lead independent and fulfilling lives. We offer blind veterans access to the highest quality of services to help them discover life beyond sight loss.
We are looking for an enthusiastic and entrepreneurial individual who has the experience and flair to plan and execute regional fundraising activities that acquire, retain and develop supporters and deliver sustainable fundraising support for the Charity. As an accomplished Community and Events Fundraising Manager you will have:
- Experience of developing, implementing and successful delivery of a regional fundraising plan
- A track record of leading and managing a team to achieve a step increase in income from community fundraising activity and to achieve/surpass fundraising targets.
- Ability to demonstrate success in growing regional and community fundraising activity in a crowded market, for similar non-profit organisations
- Experience of assessing return on investment and growth potential with ability to see the bigger picture and make good choices
- Demonstrable experience of working collaboratively and building effective relationships with a diverse range of audiences and stakeholders
- Excellent skills in project management, planning and budgeting.
The successful candidate must also hold a valid driver’s licence or have the ability to travel across the country.
Benefits include free life assurance, a generous pension scheme, a health cash back plan (after one year’s service) and training and development opportunities.
are, of course, welcome to try again if a suitable post comes up. We are unable to provide feedback to candidates not shortlisted for interview.
Closing date: Sunday 4 August 2019 at 12.00 midnight
Interview and Assessment date: Tuesday 13 August 2019 (at our Brighton Centre)
To be considered for this role, please email your CV and supporting statement of no more than 500 words outlining your suitability for the role, in Word format.
Due to the number of enquiries and applications we receive for our vacancies we’re unable to acknowledge each one, so if you haven't heard from us within a week of the closing date, please assume that we won't be inviting you for an interview. You are, of course, welcome to try again if a suitable post comes up. We are unable to provide feedback to candidates not shortlisted for interview.