At Blind Veterans UK, we believe that no one who has served our country should have to battle blindness alone. We offer blind veterans access to the highest quality of services to help them discover life beyond sight loss.
We have an interesting opportunity for a resourceful and enthusiastic individual to help deliver an effective and systematic High value donor programme for Blind Veterans UK.
The post holder will be responsible for initiating, building and sustaining productive fundraising relationships with a range of new prospective major donors.
The ideal candidate must be able to demonstrate the following:
- Ability to apply a broad range of communication skills to influence, motivate and persuade a wide range of people to donate
- Experience of recruiting new donors
- Excellent organisation, prioritisation and time management skills with the ability to deliver to a deadline under pressure within a context of competing demands
- Exceptional development and delivery of donor stewardship programmes
- Experience of producing written reports and proposals, delivering quantitative and qualitative information in both formal and informal styles
In return, we offer the opportunity to be part of a team that transforms lives. We also offer a wide range of benefits and career development opportunities for the right candidate.
In return we offer competitive conditions of service and a conducive environment to excel and develop.
To apply, please send your up to date CV and Supporting Statement of not more than 500 words outlining how your knowledge, skills and experience meet the person specification.
Closing Date: Sunday 5 January 2019 at 12 midnight
Interviews: Week commencing 13 January 2020
Please note only applicants who submit a CV with a supporting statement will be considered.
Should we receive a high volume of interest, we may close applications for this vacancy before the deadline so you are advised to express your interest as soon as possible.
Due to the high number of enquiries and applications we receive for our vacancies we don't acknowledge each one - if you haven't heard from us within a week of the closing date, please assume that we won't be inviting you for an interview. You are, of course, welcome to try again if a suitable post comes up. We are unable to provide feedback to candidates not shortlisted for interview.