Blind Veterans UK is the national charity helping blind ex-service men and women lead independent and fulfilling lives by supporting them with our expertise, experience and full range of services. At Blind Veterans UK, we believe that no one who has served our Country should have to battle blindness alone. It is our mission to ensure that vision impaired ex-service men and women have access to the finest quality of services to help them discover life beyond sight loss.
We are looking for a confident and friendly individual with excellent communication skills who will enjoy recruiting, training and supporting the diverse range of volunteers who give their time to Blind Veterans UK.
The job involves:
- Assisting in the safe recruitment of volunteers in line with our volunteer recruitment policy
- Co-deliver high quality induction programme for volunteers to ensure volunteers have the right skills for their roles
- Maintaining regular contact with volunteers to provide ongoing support. Being the first point of contact for volunteer’s enquiries.
- To maintain accurate, secure and up to date records on the volunteers and other service data for monthly reporting
- To promote volunteering in the area through attending events and building networks to increase awareness.
Experience in a similar role would be an advantage but we will consider applications from those who are able to demonstrate how their alternate skill, knowledge and experience is relevant to this role.
This is a Monday to Friday and primarily office based role, however travel to locations within the region will be necessary from time to time. Benefits include free life assurance, sickness benefit scheme, childcare voucher scheme, generous pension scheme and an employee assistance programme.
Closing date: Monday 25th September at 12 noon
Interviews: Monday 9th October
For more information on the role and details on how to apply, please visit our website via the apply button.