Are you passionate about supporting change in healthcare services? Are you interested in joining an organisation making a difference to the 100,000 babies born needing neonatal care in the UK each year?
Bliss is looking for a Baby Charter Programme Officer to join our Bliss Baby Charter team, who will continue to develop our Bliss Baby Charter programme with hospitals across England, Wales and Northern Ireland. The Baby Charter is a national accreditation programme being undertaken by many neonatal units in the UK. It aims to improve outcomes for babies born premature or sick by encouraging neonatal healthcare professionals to involve parents in the care of their baby.
As Programme Officer you will play a key role in encouraging neonatal healthcare professionals to improve their practice to ensure parents/families are involved as much as possible in the care of their baby. You will support neonatal units to bring about change and work to achieve Baby Charter accreditation. This will involve assessing neonatal units against national standards using our newly updated digital Baby Charter audit tool, supporting units to develop action plans bring about change, creating and sharing case studies of best practice and acting as the lead for collation of impact for the team.
If you have an interest in healthcare, in supporting healthcare professionals to improve care, or in working to improve outcomes for babies, join our small, passionate and friendly team. We are looking for someone highly organised, with excellent interpersonal and communication skills. The ideal candidate will have a positive problem-solving approach, experience of working with digital platforms, and enjoy working collaboratively across teams.
For more information on this exciting opportunity to improve outcomes for babies born premature or sick, please see the job description, which includes the person specification.
Why work for Bliss?
Bliss values and celebrates the work of its Fundraising Department and our organisation’s strategy prioritises digital.
We are an equal opportunities employer and take pride in our collaborative and inclusive work culture. We understand that we all have different priorities at home and we therefore aim to offer a mix of financial and non-financial benefits. Our benefits include financial, health & wellbeing, lifestyle and career development options:
· 25 days paid holiday (pro-rata for part-time employees)
· Flexible working practices such as flexi-time working hours and time off in lieu (TOIL)
· Relaxed work life and dress code
· A contributory Bliss pension scheme
· Interest free annual season ticket loans
· Company and statutory sick pay scheme
· Compassionate leave
· Time off for volunteering
· Salary sacrifice schemes (bike to work, payroll giving)
· Access to 24x7 free Employee Assistance Programme
· Family friendly policies
· Learning and development via peer to peer, blended, cascaded and self-directed learning
· Mentoring and coaching
How to apply
Interested applicants are requested to submit the following documents to the email address found on the website.
· Supporting statement explaining how you meet the criteria in the person specification
· Equal Opportunities Form
· We are recruiting on an immediate basis and early applications will be prioritised.
· The final date for applications is 9am on Tues 13 April
· First round interviews will take place on a rolling basis after Tues 6 April
· Interviews will take place via video call.
It is Bliss’ policy not to contact applicants who have not been invited for interview.
The client requests no contact from agencies or media sales.