Join the Bliss family and help us give babies born premature or sick the best chance of survival and quality of life.
Bliss is an award winning, digital first organisation looking for a Communications Manager to lead a dynamic and ambitious Communications Team.
You will have broad communications experience, in particular in digital and strategic marketing, and a strong track record of developing and delivering successful, integrated campaigns to meet fundraising, campaigns and service delivery targets. The ideal candidate will also be able to demonstrate the following skills and experience:
- Broad experience and understanding of the full range of communications tools and channels, with specific expertise in strategic marketing and digital development
- A track record of developing and implementing successful communications strategies and plans
- An ability to analyse and segment audiences and tailor communications and key messages accordingly
- Strong experience of managing and leading a multidisciplinary team to meet objectives and deliver success, including ability to lead and develop team members
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills
- Brand management experience including delivering materials to a high standard
- Experience of raising the profile of an organisation through the media
This is a fantastic opportunity for someone to drive continued excellence and innovation in this varied and creative role.
For more details please view the job description and person specification attached to this advert and also available on our website.
Why work for Bliss?
Bliss values and celebrates the work of its Communications Team and our organisation’s strategy prioritises digital.
We are an equal opportunities employer and take pride in our collaborative and inclusive work culture. We understand that we all have different priorities at home and we therefore aim to offer a mix of financial and non-financial benefits. Our benefits include financial, health & wellbeing, lifestyle and career development options:
- 25 days paid holiday (pro-rata for part-time employees)
- Flexible working practices such as flexi-time working hours and time off in lieu (TOIL)
- Relaxed work life and dress code
- A contributory Bliss pension scheme
- Interest free annual season ticket loans
- Company and statutory sick pay scheme
- Compassionate leave
- Time off for volunteering
- Salary sacrifice schemes (bike to work, payroll giving)
- Access to 24x7 free Employee Assistance Programme
- Family friendly policies
- Learning and development via peer to peer, blended, cascaded and self-directed learning
- Mentoring and coaching
How to apply
Interested applicants are requested to submit the following documents:
- Supporting statement explaining how you meet the criteria in the person specification
- Equal opportunities form
- The closing date for applications is 9am on Wednesday 15 July 2020
- The first round of interviews is provisionally scheduled for 20/21 July, and will be held via zoom video conferencing
- Second round interviews will be held week commencing 27 July
It is Bliss’ policy not to contact applicants who have not been invited for interview so if you have not heard from us by 22 July you should assume that, on this occasion, your application has been unsuccessful.