Are you passionate about all things digital and working for an organisation that places digital at the heart of what we do?
Join Bliss as our new Digital Officer and help us create a first-class online experience for families of babies born premature or sick.
The Digital Officer is responsible for maintaining Bliss’ website on a day-to-day basis making sure that the website’s functionality and content is of the highest standard and providing an excellent user experience.
You will also work closely with the Senior Digital Officer on various digital projects and provide support to the Communications team on social media.
This is a 12 months fixed term contract, but with potential to extend.
The ideal candidate will have experience of working in a digital communications role, be able to work on their own initiative and have excellent understanding of user needs and creating digital content.
You will use your digital skills and understanding to help edit, create and manage the Bliss website on a day-to-day basis including regular monitoring through analytics. You’ll work closely with colleagues across the organisation to provide website training and support and create content for Bliss’ social media channels. You’ll also work closely with our website agency on support requests and projects as and when required.
You will be motivated by an excellent understanding of the impact and reach that digital content can have and be able to demonstrate the following:
- Experience working in a digital communications or digital marketing environment
- Significant experience in using a website CMS and a range of digital technologies
- Understanding and experience of digital marketing and search engine optimisation best practice
- Significant experience of creating online content that is accessible for all audiences
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills
- Good knowledge of digital trends and ability and appetite to keep up to date with advances in these
- A creative approach to finding digital solutions and solving technical issues
- Experience of Google Analytics and other methods of measuring digital performance to help improve activities
- Proven ability to build effective internal and external relationships
- Excellent IT skills with the ability to use Word, Excel, and Adobe CS6 Photoshop
- Exceptionally high attention to detail and desire to make a difference
- Ability to work on own initiative
This is a fantastic opportunity to develop and refine your skills as a digital officer and content creator in this varied and creative role.
For more details please view the job description and person specification attached to this advert.
Why work for Bliss?
We are an equal opportunities employer and take pride in our collaborative and inclusive work culture. We understand that we all have different priorities at home and we therefore aim to offer a mix of financial and non-financial benefits. Our benefits include financial, health & wellbeing, lifestyle and career development options:
- 25 days paid holiday (pro-rata for part-time employees)
- Flexible working practices such as flexi-time working hours and time off in lieu (TOIL)
- Relaxed work life and dress code
- A contributory Bliss pension scheme
- Interest free annual season ticket loans
- Company and statutory sick pay scheme
- Compassionate leave
- Time off for volunteering
- Salary sacrifice schemes (bike to work, payroll giving)
- Access to 24x7 free Employee Assistance Programme
- Family friendly policies
- Learning and development via peer to peer, blended, cascaded and self-directed learning
- Mentoring and coaching
Bliss recognises the positive value of diversity, promotes equity and challenges discrimination. We welcome and encourage job applications from people of all backgrounds, including applications from disabled and Black, Asian and Minority Ethnic candidates as well as from LGB and Trans and non-binary candidates.
We also recognise the value of flexible working, so will consider different types of flexibility (such as compressed hours, and up to 40% of the role working from home), as well as the possibility of offering the role on a job share basis.
How to apply
Interested applicants are requested to submit the following documents by 9.00 am on the 30th September.
- Your CV
- Supporting statement explaining how you meet the criteria in the person specification. This should address all the essential points of the person specification and is expected to be around 1000-1500 words long.
- The closing date for applications is 30th September, but please note that early applications may be prioritised
- Interviews will take place via video call.
It is Bliss’ policy not to contact applicants who have not been invited for interview so if you have not heard from us by 14th October, you should assume that, on this occasion, your application has been unsuccessful.
Please send your CV and a cover letter detailing how you meet the criteria in the person specification.
Please also fill in our anonymous recruitment equal opportunities form here https://forms.gle/26u4nrc1bEHizP1d6