Bliss is the UK’s leading national charity for babies born premature or sick. Our vision is that every baby born premature of sick in the UK has the best chance of survival and quality of life.
We champion the rights of every baby born premature or sick to receive the best care. We achieve this by empowering families, influencing policy and practice, and enabling life changing research.
The Director of Services role will lead and give strategic direction to the Services department and take responsibility for the delivery of our services to both families and health professionals, with the overarching aim of delivering tangible change and improvements in care for babies born premature or sick. This role will lead cross-team programmes to support the long-term development of the organisation; with a particular focus on leading the organisation's work on diversity and inclusion to improve our reach, and on reporting of impact.
We are looking for an exceptional candidate whose experience includes:
- A strong track record of developing and delivering high quality services, including:
- Experience of developing services to reach new and diverse audiences.
- Use of digital channels to deliver services.
- Excellent knowledge and experience of monitoring, evaluation and data collection, and using this to measure and report impact as well as to inform and develop services to meet identified needs.
- Significant experience of project planning, management and reporting, with proven ability to work with funders to meet reporting needs.
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills, including proven experience of external representation with and presentations to high level professional audiences.
- Experience of working at a senior level and supporting long-term strategic planning and decision-making.
- Extensive management experience with the ability to motivate teams and coach individuals.
- Ambition, a high degree of professionalism and a commitment to achieve outstanding results.
- Ability to build and manage relationships with a range of internal and external contacts, including a board of trustees.
For more details please view the job description and person specification attached to this advert.
Why work for Bliss?
We are an equal opportunities employer and take pride in our collaborative and inclusive work culture. We understand that we all have different priorities at home and we therefore aim to offer a mix of financial and non-financial benefits. Some of these benefits include:
- 25 days paid holiday (pro-rata for part-time employees)
- Flexible working practices such as flexi-time working hours and time off in lieu (TOIL)
- Relaxed work life and dress code
- A contributory Bliss pension scheme
- Interest free annual season ticket loans
- Company and statutory sick pay scheme
- Compassionate leave
- Time off for volunteering
- Salary sacrifice schemes (bike to work, payroll giving)
- Access to 24x7 free Employee Assistance Programme
- Family friendly policies
- Learning and development via peer to peer, blended, cascaded and self-directed learning
- Mentoring and coaching
- The final date for applications is 9am on Wednesday 23 June.
- First round interviews will be held in the week of 28 June.
- Interviews will take place via video call.
Please email a covering letter explaining why you are interested in this role and what you could bring to it, together with your CV, by 9am on Wednesday 23 June.
First round interviews will be held in the week of 28 June, most likely over video call.