Are you interested in finding and telling compelling stories? Join Bliss as Media and Stories Officer and help shine a light on important issues affecting premature and sick babies and their families.
The Media and Stories Officer is responsible for raising Bliss’ profile by securing regular media coverage for our cause, campaigns and services.
The ideal candidate will have experience of working in a fast-paced media role in a newsroom or press office, be able to anticipate the needs of journalists, and be able to meet their deadlines.
You will use your passion for storytelling to support Bliss’ many case studies to share their story on our digital channels and within the media. You’ll use this skill, and your excellent copywriting abilities, to help curate and create content for Bliss’ social media channels.
You will be motivated by working closely with colleagues to find the right news hook to secure high-impact coverage, and be able to demonstrate all points in the person spec including:
- An understanding of the requirements and organisation of the media
- Good understanding of social media including its role in supporting and facilitating media work
- Demonstrable experience of content creation and/or copywriting
- Outstanding written and verbal communication skills
- Professional approach and sensitivity when dealing with case studies
- Ability to build relationships with people of different backgrounds and a variety of setting
- Excellent time management – ability to prioritise workload and meet deadlines
- Experience of using website CMS and excellent IT skills
This is a fantastic opportunity to develop and refine your skills as a press officer and content creator in this varied and creative role. For more details please view the job description and person specification below.
Why work for Bliss?
Bliss values and celebrates the work of its Communications Team and we take pride in our collaborative work culture.
We understand that we all have different priorities at home and we therefore aim to offer a mix of financial and non-financial benefits. Our benefits include financial, health and well-being, lifestyle and career development options:
- 25 days paid holiday (pro-rata for part-time employees)
- Flexible working practices, TOIL and a contributory Bliss pension scheme
- Relaxed work life and dress code, time off for volunteering
- Interest free season ticket loans, salary sacrifice schemes (cycle to work, payroll giving)
- 24x7 Employee Assistance Programme
- Family friendly policies
- Learning and Development via peer to peer, blended, cascaded, self-directed learning, mentoring and coaching
How to apply
Interested applicants are requested to submit the following documents by directly clicking on this advert.
Alternatively you can apply via post to: HR Team, Bliss, 4th Floor, Maya House, 134-138 Borough High Street, London SE1 1LB. Your application must include the following:
- Supporting statement explaining how you meet the criteria in the person specification
- Equal Opportunities Form - this will be sent to you when you apply to this role
- The closing date for applications is midnight Sunday 13 October and please note that early applications may be prioritised
- First round interviews are provisionally scheduled for Wednesday 16 October and Thursday 17 October, with the second round provisionally on Monday 21 October 2019, both at the Bliss head office
It is Bliss’ policy not to contact applicants who have not been invited for interview so if you have not heard from us by 16 October you should assume that, on this occasion, your application has been unsuccessful.
Please note, we request no contact from agencies or media sales.
The client requests no contact from agencies or media sales.