We have a fantastic opportunity for an exceptional Individual Giving Officer looking to take their next step in developing their career. We are looking for someone with broad direct marketing experience who is excited about the opportunity to develop and grow the Individual Giving programme at Bliss. One in seven babies is born premature or sick and needing care on a neonatal unit – this isn’t what most parents expect for their baby. Join the leading national charity dedicated to supporting babies, families and NHS staff at this critical time.
Bliss is the UK’s leading national charity for babies born premature or sick, and we are looking for a Senior Individual Giving Officer to join our talented and successful Fundraising Department for a 12-month fixed term contract, with potential for the role to become permanent.
This role will develop our Individual Giving programme by testing and piloting new supporter recruitment campaigns, growing direct marketing appeals alongside regular giving and supporter journeys. A key focus of this role will be digital supporter engagement.
The ideal candidate will also be able to demonstrate the following skills and experience:
- Significant experience in direct marketing and Individual Giving
- High levels of project management experience
- Good experience of working with creative freelancers, media and direct marketing agencies
- High levels of numeracy
- Excellent communication and interpersonal skills.
This is a fantastic opportunity for someone to make a significant contribution to the development and delivery of the Individual Giving programme at Bliss.
For more details please view the job description and person specification attached to this advert.
Why work for Bliss?
Bliss values and celebrates the work of its Fundraising Department and our organisation’s strategy prioritises digital.
We are an equal opportunities employer and take pride in our collaborative and inclusive work culture. We understand that we all have different priorities at home and we therefore aim to offer a mix of financial and non-financial benefits. Our benefits include financial, health & wellbeing, lifestyle and career development options:
- 25 days paid holiday (pro-rata for part-time employees)
- Flexible working practices such as flexi-time working hours and time off in lieu (TOIL)
- Relaxed work life and dress code
- A contributory Bliss pension scheme
- Interest free annual season ticket loans
- Company and statutory sick pay scheme
- Compassionate leave
- Time off for volunteering
- Salary sacrifice schemes (bike to work, payroll giving)
- Access to 24x7 free Employee Assistance Programme
- Family friendly policies
- Learning and development via peer to peer, blended, cascaded and self-directed learning
- Mentoring and coaching.
How to apply
Interested applicants are requested to submit the following documents to the email specified on our website.
- Supporting statement explaining how you meet the criteria in the person specification
- We are recruiting on an immediate basis and early applications will be prioritised.
- Interviews will take place via video call on a rolling basis.
It is Bliss’ policy not to contact applicants who have not been invited for interview.
The client requests no contact from agencies or media sales.