Senior Policy and Public Affairs Officer
Are you looking to achieve real change and make a difference to babies born premature or sick and the families? Working with Bliss is a great way to improve the care babies receive when they are in neonatal care.
Bliss is an award winning, leading national charity looking for a Senior Policy and Public Affairs Officer to be a key influencer in driving forward key policy issues which are aimed at improving health services for premature and sick babies and their families.
Our Campaigns and Policy team is focussed on securing positive change through a programme of policy reports, parliamentary engagement and inspiring supporters to take action. We are well respected in this field and have a track record of making lasting change, including through securing: nationally endorsed care standards investment and policy commitments to improve outcomes for premature and sick babies.
You will have experience of working in a dynamic policy or public affairs role in the voluntary or public sector, with a passion for building strong, influential relationships with parliamentarians, researchers and policy makers.
The ideal candidate will need to demonstrate political insight and be able to make sound judgements involving complex information requiring analysis and interpretation. You will be someone with a thorough understanding of political parties and parliamentary processes in Westminster and the devolved nations.
You will have experience of producing high quality briefings and impactful policy reports and an interest in supporting academic research projects.
- You will be someone with excellent written and verbal communication and influencing skills
- You will have research skills and ability to analyse and interpret complex data
- A professional attitude and ability to work with discretion in a political environment is key
This is a fantastic opportunity for someone to develop and refine their skills and expertise in this varied role.
For more details please view the job description and person specification attached to this advert and also available on our website.
Why work for Bliss?
Bliss values and celebrates the work of its Campaigns and Policy team
We are an equal opportunities employer and take pride in our collaborative and inclusive work culture. We understand that we all have different priorities at home and we therefore aim to offer a mix of financial and non-financial benefits. Our benefits include financial, health and well-being, lifestyle and career development options:
- 25 days paid holiday (pro-rata for part-time employees), flexible working practices, TOIL and a contributory Bliss pension scheme
- Relaxed work life and dress code, time off for volunteering
- Interest free season ticket loans, salary sacrifice schemes (cycle to work, payroll giving)
- 24x7 Employee Assistance Programme
- Family friendly policies
- Learning and Development via peer to peer, blended, cascaded, self-directed learning, mentoring and coaching
- The closing date for applications is 09:00 AM Wednesday 26 February 2020
- First round of interviews will be held in the week commencing 2 March 2020
- Second round interviews will be held in the week commencing 10 March 2020
It is Bliss’ policy not to contact applicants who have not been invited for interview so if you have not heard from us by 2 March you should assume that, on this occasion, your application has been unsuccessful.
The client requests no contact from agencies or media sales.