We are looking for four exceptional people to join us as trustees who can help ensure that we have a high performing Board during a period that we may end up looking back on as among the most crucial in our history.
We are hugely proud of the impact we have had on behalf of people affected by blood cancer. The £500 million we have invested in research over the last 60 years has saved many thousands of lives, and we are now in a position where the day we will beat blood cancer is finally in sight. But with the coronavirus crisis already having had a big impact on our income, it is more vital than ever that we have the strong strategic leadership to keep our mission to beat blood cancer on course.
As a Board, we know we need to become more diverse to better reflect the community we serve and share with us new ideas and opinions, so we would welcome approaches from the following:
- Individuals from black and ethnic minority communities.
- Younger people who may not have had previous board experience but have other experiences, for example: of committee work, associations and other team decision making experience.
- Individuals who have personally been affected by blood cancer who have the capacity to support us as a trustee
- Experience in the following fields would be of interest to us: Medical Research, Audit, and Finance.
- Individuals who have experience of information support for blood cancer patients and health policy.
- Influencers who have experience with fundraising and have celebrity or VIP connections that could be further explored.
- Members of a minority group through physical or cultural characteristics.
This is a challenging but very rewarding role and your contribution could assist the blood cancer community in a huge way.
If you would like an opportunity to make a difference and contribute in a positive way we would encourage you to apply to join us on our journey, please share with us your CV, along with a brief Cover Letter outlining your interest and how you feel you could add value to our cause.
If you would like to know more prior to applying please feel free to get in touch with Louise Keegan - Recruitment Officer at Blood Cancer UK for an informal discussion about this exciting opportunity.
The closing date for this opportunity is: Midday on Saturday, 31 October 2020.
Thank you for your interest in Blood Cancer UK and we very much look forward to hearing from you!
Please note: Should we be successful in our search for suitable individuals prior to the closing date we reserve the right to close this opportunity early.
The client requests no contact from agencies or media sales.