About The Bloom Foundation
Founded in 2011, the Bloom Foundation is a UK-based family trust which spends on average £2.3million a year and funds a diverse portfolio of charities in the UK and Israel. The Foundation seeks to:
- Mainstream a preventative approach to health, with a particular focus on research and life-style based interventions
- Create a more cohesive society in Israel, particularly through common purpose programs and advocacy, that brings religious Jews, secular Jews and non-Jews together.
- Strengthen the UK Jewish community and the local Brighton community through supporting key service organisations.
The Foundation is run by a small executive team and there is a close and collaborative relationship with the Trustees. The Bloom Foundation is co-located with a private company and benefits from shared resources and office space. The culture is very friendly, flexible and hard working. People are valued and appreciated and employees enjoy a sociable and relaxed environment. The business and philanthropic activities are intertwined and there is a creative flow between the two.
What makes it exciting?
The Foundation is relatively new and is still forming and developing. As such there will be lots of opportunities for the Senior Grants Manager to get involved and help the Foundation deliver on some exciting challenges, these include:
- Contributing to the development and delivery of strategies, policies and processes.
- Enabling the Foundation’s grant-making approach, which is engaging over the long term with grantees, to support them to deliver on their mission successfully.
- Supporting the development of BNJC – a new and innovative building project and Overcoming Multiple Sclerosis.
The Senior Grants Manager will need to be a team player who can work collaboratively and add value to the work. They will genuinely enjoy grant making as well as have the curiosity and desire to learn and develop new areas of knowledge and expertise. They will also need to be able to demonstrate that they are interested in and committed to contributing to the success of a small organisation and will need to be versatile, flexible and able to contribute to the many exciting challenges ahead.
It could be the right opportunity for a range of potential candidates but whatever your motivations, The Bloom Foundation would like to hear from you, particularly if you:-
- Have grant making experience and emotional intelligence.
- Are a good communicator, relationship builder and team player.
- Are flexible, strategic and analytical and able to deliver.
- Have a demonstrable passion for the foundation’s work and a genuine interest in and willingness to learn about all its areas of work.