Digital Content Manager – Maternity Cover Contract
If you have a strong background in content design and using user research and insight to develop content, this is an amazing opportunity to support the success of a charity that’s been helping animals in need since 1897.
Blue Cross is one of the UK’s leading rehoming organisations for animals. We support sick, injured and homeless pets and care for more than 40,000 animals every year through our rehoming, veterinary and education programmes.
It’s an exciting period of change here at Blue Cross. This year, we expect to see over four million users visit our website to read our pet advice content and access our other services.
Our charity is moving to a more user-focused way of thinking about content to ensure that we’re doing even more to meet the needs of pet owners. We are currently looking for a Digital Content Manager to join us on a 12 month maternity cover contract.
- Salary of £31,046 - £36,100 plus London Weighting Allowance of £3,954 per annum
- Pension scheme
- Employee Assistance Programme
- Company sick pay
- Life assurance
- Shopping discounts
You’ll have the opportunity to shape our content at this key time and act as a champion of our brand, our style and our tone of voice, ensuring that we’re accessible, friendly and trusted.
So, if you’re looking for the chance to make a positive impact on a renowned charity’s online voice, we’d love to hear from you.
As the Digital Content Manager, you will ensure that our digital content responds to the needs of pet owners, is well planned and managed and continues to ensure that pets everywhere can live their best lives.
Managing a busy team of two, you will:
- Help to plan and embed a content design approach that focuses on the needs of pet owners and lovers
- Design, commission, edit and publish content across channels in a range of formats
- Develop new ideas, stories and other content to help increase engagement and deepen our relationship with our audience
- Support the development of integrated digital communication campaigns
To join us as a Digital Content Manager, you’ll need:
- A deep understanding of content design
- Knowledge and experience of user research and testing techniques to develop an understanding of user needs, test hypotheses and translate learnings into solutions
- Extensive experience of writing for the web, with the proven ability to create content that is accessible and useable
- Experience of managing and inspiring teams
- Previous experience of using analytics tools to analyse user behaviour
- An understanding of SEO and digital marketing
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills
Some knowledge of content management systems would be beneficial, as would a familiarity and interest in pet care and pet welfare issues.
Other organisations may call this role Content Designer, Content Manager, or Online Content Manager.
Closing date: 26th June 2020
Interview dates: week commencing the 29th June 2020
We reserve the right to close this vacancy early should we receive an overwhelming response. For more information on this role, please select the apply button to read the full job description.
Webrecruit and Blue Cross are equal opportunities employers, value diversity and are strongly committed to providing equal employment opportunities for all employees and all applicants for employment. Equal opportunities are the only acceptable way to conduct business and we believe that the more inclusive our environments are, the better our work will be.
So, if you’re seeking your next challenge as a Digital Content Manager, please apply via the button shown. This vacancy is being advertised by Webrecruit. The services advertised by Webrecruit are those of an Employment Agency.