How to apply
Property Support Manager (Six Month Contract)
Do you have excellent working knowledge of modern buildings, including mechanical and electrical aspects? Are you used to working to tight deadlines, and looking to make a real impact as a Property Support Manager? If so, read on.
Blue Cross is one of the UK’s leading rehoming organisations for animals. We support sick, injured and homeless pets and care for more than 40,000 animals every year through our rehoming, veterinary and education programmes.
We are now looking for a Property Support Manager to join us for a six month contract and ensure that the Blue Cross estate is fit for purpose, safe and compliant.
- Salary of £23,736 - £31,646 pro rata
- Pension scheme
- Performance related pay
- Employee Assistance Programme
- Company Sick Pay
- Life Insurance
- The use a pool car and/or travel allowance
- Shopping discounts and more
Here at the Blue Cross, we value our brilliant employees, and are just as dedicated to helping them reach their full potential as we are about helping pets.
During your contract, you’ll have the opportunity to play a vital role in the smooth running of the organisation. You’ll ensure our estate remains legally compliant, which will enable us to continue our important work.
As the Property Support Manager, you will work with local teams to plan and oversee the routine maintenance of a number of Blue Cross sites throughout the United Kingdom.
In this varied role, you will ensure that our 19 centres and hospitals and 55 shops are safe and fit-for-purpose. You’ll make sure that maintenance and repairs are programmed and carried out in a professional, timely and cost-effective manner.
Reporting to the Head of Property, this will also involve:
- Developing and monitoring forward/preventative maintenance systems and plans
- Producing initial/outline plans for minor works projects
- Drafting and evaluating tender documents and contracts
- Managing minor projects
- Identifying and engaging appropriately skilled and qualified tradesmen
- Providing telephone support to Managers and staff across the organisation
To join us as the Property Support Manager, you’ll need:
- Sound working knowledge of modern buildings, including mechanical and electrical aspects
- Knowledge of facilities management
- Experience of working to tight deadlines
- IT skills including proficiency in MS Office
- A valid manual driving licence
- The ability to produce detailed and clear reports
- Great customer service skills
- Excellent negotiating skills
Although not essential, a formal qualification, such as an appropriate HND or similar would be beneficial. Previous experience of CAD based systems would also be favourable.
Other organisations may call this role Property Support Manager, Site Manager, Apartment Manager, Apartment Complex Manager, Property Portfolio Manager or Facilities Manager.
We’d also like to hear from you if you’ve worked as a Property and Facilities Manager, Building Manager, Property Operations Manager or Commercial Property Manager.
Closing date: 28th June 2019
We reserve the right to close this vacancy early should we receive an overwhelming response. For more information on this role, please select the apply button to read the full job description.
Webrecruit and Blue Cross are equal opportunities employers, value diversity and are strongly committed to providing equal employment opportunities for all employees and all applicants for employment. Equal opportunities are the only acceptable way to conduct business and we believe that the more inclusive our environments are, the better our work will be.
So, if you’re seeking your next challenge as a Property Support Manager, please apply via the button shown. This vacancy is being advertised by Webrecruit. The services advertised by Webrecruit are those of an Employment Agency.
Working hours: 35 hours per week, generally Monday to Friday