How to apply
Rehoming Centre Manager - Relocation Opportunity
Thirsk, North Yorkshire
Blue Cross is one of the UK’s leading rehoming organisations for animals. We support sick, injured and homeless pets and care for more than 40,000 animals every year through our rehoming, veterinary and education programmes.
Our rehoming centre based in Thirsk, North Yorkshire, always has dogs and cats looking for loving new homes. Opened in 1987, the centre has facilities for 25 dogs and 40 cats, with additional puppy and kitten facilities.
We are now seeking a Rehoming Centre Manager to relocate to our Thirsk rehoming centre.
- Salary of £29,230 - £40,000 per annum
- Employee assistance programme
- Pension scheme
- Company sick pay
- Life insurance
- Onsite accommodation offered
- Shopping discounts and more!
If you have experience managing and leading a team in an animal welfare environment, this is a fantastic opportunity to increase your experience with our incredible charity.
This role is offered as a relocation opportunity, however candidates based within a commutable distance will also be considered as long as they are available to stay in our Thirsk accommodation some nights to cover emergencies and an on-call rota.
Working in the beautiful North Yorkshire countryside, you’ll discover that Thirsk is a bustling market town nestled between the North York Moors and the Yorkshire Dales. What’s more, it’s within easy reach for York and Middlesbrough, meaning you are never too far from the excitement of the city.
Our ethos focuses on excellent learning and development experiences that enable you to build on your expertise and really make your mark with our organisation.
So, if you want to take on a new challenge and ensure our Thirsk facility is the best it can be, this is the role for you.
As the Rehoming Centre Manager, you will manage the Blue Cross Thirsk site.
Overseeing the site and the welfare of the animals, employees and volunteers, you will lead and motivate a dedicated team to rehome animals and deliver excellent customer care.
Your role will also involve:
- Seeking to improve all areas of the facility (where required)
- Ensuring performance targets are met
- Managing the security and maintenance of buildings and all Blue Cross properties at Thirsk
- Managing the health & safety of everyone at the site
- Setting annual budgets and promoting cost awareness
- Liaising with the Communications Team to support rehoming activities
As part of your role, if you are not relocating permanently to the site at Thirsk, you will be required to take part in an on-call rota that will involve staying some nights in Thirsk.
Interested? To be considered as the Rehoming Centre Manager, you will need:
- Demonstrable experience of managing and leading a team in an animal welfare environment
- Experience of managing income and expenditure budgets
- Previous experience managing Health and Safety including risk assessments and COSHH
- Experience of delivering high standards of customer care
- Strong leadership skills with the ability to coach
- The ability to develop and deliver operational strategy
- At a minimum, GCSEs at grade C or above in Mathematics and English (or equivalent)
- A full, manual driving licence
Although not essential, experience of managing change would be beneficial to your application, as would a recognised management qualification. Previous experience of working within a pet rehoming environment and managing volunteers would be equally favourable.
Other organisations may call this role Animal Rehoming Manager, Onsite Rehoming Centre Manager, Operations Manager, Site Operations Manager, Centre Manager, Animal Care Centre Manager, Senior Animal Rehoming Officer or Senior Animal Rehoming Co-ordinator.
This is a full time role working 42 hours per week on an agreed rota which will include weekends and Bank Holidays. Due to the nature of the work of Blue Cross, and this post, it will be necessary to exceed these hours when the workload demands.
The closing date for applications is the 11th August 2019.
We reserve the right to close this vacancy early should we receive an overwhelming response. For more information on this role, please select the apply button to read the full job description.
Webrecruit and Blue Cross are equal opportunities employers, value diversity and are strongly committed to providing equal employment opportunities for all employees and all applicants for employment. Equal opportunities are the only acceptable way to conduct business and we believe that the more inclusive our environments are, the better our work will be.
So, if you’re seeking your next step as a Rehoming Centre Manager, please apply via the button shown. This vacancy is being advertised by Webrecruit. The services advertised by Webrecruit are those of an Employment Agency.