Head of Fundraising
We are seeking an experienced senior fundraiser with excellent communication skills and a successful track record of exceeding targets across a range of income streams. They will be able to influence and motivate others, build positive relationships with key stakeholders and work collaboratively throughout the organisation. An effective change manager, they should be able to identify quick wins, manage risk and progress long term plans for sustainable income growth whilst embedding strong governance across all activity.
The successful candidate will need to be comfortable in developing strategies, working with budgets and forecasts as well as motivating and managing an established high performing team of fundraisers to make the most of every donation we receive. They will have an excellent understanding of a range of income streams, including community, corporate and events fundraising, lottery, legacies, trusts and individual giving.
At Bluebell Wood we believe that every donation matters and as such, our supporters are at the heart of our fundraising strategy. Our Head of Fundraising will have excellent rapport and an ability to develop and nurture relationships with our supporters.
- A fundraising qualification (Institute of Fundraising)
- Demonstrable experience of working successfully at a senior level in fundraising with evidence of success in raising significant levels of funds across a range of income streams
- Experience of leading successful, high performing teams
- Experience of setting and managing a significant income and expenditure budget and of achieving or exceeding targets
- Ability to identify and deliver opportunities for growth
- Ability to engage with and influence senior/key stakeholders
- Understanding of contemporary fundraising techniques and a genuine desire to innovate and inspire new ones
- Knowledge of relevant law including charity, information governance, health and safety and gift aid
In return, we can offer you a fantastic working environment, company pension scheme, UK Health, free parking, 33 days’ annual leave (includes bank holidays) with the option to buy and sell holidays, subsidised meals and the satisfaction that you are providing a much appreciated service.
About us: At Bluebell Wood Children’s Hospice we care for children and young adults with life-shortening and life-threatening conditions. We are currently supporting over 300 families both in our hospice and in family homes.
Our support services are wide ranging and bespoke to each family including end of life treatment and care, respite short breaks, counselling, sibling support groups, music therapy, home visits and much, much more. It costs more than £4m to keep our doors open for families across South Yorkshire and beyond. We receive around 10% of our funding from government sources.
This is an exciting time for the hospice. We are ambitious for our future and see many opportunities ahead for us and are therefore investing in a number of different areas. Innovative income generation and fundraising are critical if we are to realise our ambitions.