Position: Sales and Marketing Executive, Strategic Partnerships, BMJ Events
Salary: £35,506 per annum
Start date: ASAP
Strategic Partnerships & Alliances, BMJ Events
BMJ, in partnership with the Institute for Healthcare Improvement, produces one of the most renowned international Healthcare events. The International Forum for Quality and Safety in Healthcare, held annually in three locations around the world, brings together a very international group of thought leaders, policymakers, healthcare professionals and senior stakeholders who share a concern and a passion for improving quality and safety in healthcare.
An exciting opportunity has arisen in the Strategic Partnerships & Alliances team for an Executive to support the development and growth of partnerships with the aim of generating delegate revenue for these flagship events.
The successful candidate will:
- Help manage relationships with existing key Partners and Major Groups with the aim of maintaining and growing their presence at the Forum
- Support the strategy for identifying and engaging with prospective partners across the International Forum in Europe, Asia-Pacific and other regions
- Design and negotiate mutually beneficial packages to meet BMJ’s and partners’ objectives
- Manage a programme of marketing campaigns (Call for Speakers, Call for Posters, Intention of Interest) to build support within Partners’ networks and secure delegate commitment
- Maintain Partner areas on events’ websites
- Support the team’s effort to achieve financial goals, balancing short term revenue targets against the lifetime value of the Partner
- Engage with internal and external stakeholders; BMJ regional offices, Programme Advisory Committees (PAC) and speakers to develop opportunities
- Conduct on-site activities at the Forums - meetings, Networking Receptions, Meet and Greets etc.
- Track and report progress against KPIs and manage budgets
Skills and Experience:
- Proven experience of successfully engaging, influencing and managing a diverse range of senior stakeholders
- Experience in corporate partnerships, account management or partnership fundraising
- Strong interpersonal skills with an acumen for diplomacy
- Negotiation and commercial skills
- Excellent communication skills - written, verbal, presentation
- Experience in managing marketing campaigns - production of engaging copy for emails, social media, web, digital and print advertising.
If you have any questions or would like to discuss this role further in advance of your application please do not hesitate to contact Tashan Chong-Kan.
BMJ is an £80 million company, employing approximately 500 people worldwide with its headquarters in London and key offices in China, India and the United States. Its activities are guided by its mission to help achieve a healthier world and its dedication to superior financial performance. It advances healthcare worldwide by sharing knowledge and expertise to improve outcomes. BMJ is a wholly owned subsidiary of the British Medical Association (BMA).
The BMJ (formerly the British Medical Journal) is the company’s flagship publication which has the second highest impact factor in the UK and fifth highest in the world. It is also the fourth most widely cited medical journal in the world. The company also publishes over 50 specialty journals, several of which are produced in partnership with leading professional medical associations. Best Practice is BMJ’s successful point-of-care decision support tool and BMJ Learning is the centerpiece of several educational offerings.
BMJ takes pride in its people and is committed to being an equal opportunities employer. We value individuality and therefore welcome all qualified applications from a diverse range of candidates.
The client requests no contact from agencies or media sales.