We are a young and ambitious charity with a strong brand identity whose vision is built around providing services to support families bereaved of a child and raising awareness of the importance of organ donation. We are searching for an outstanding Fundraising and Events Manager who can bring a new dynamic to our vision and is excited by the opportunity of growing with us as a charity. The ideal candidate will need to be highly motivated and creative, with management experience in the charity sector and a proven track record of success. A ‘can do’ attitude is essential along with outstanding organisational skills and experience of running excellent events.
The Bodie Hodges Foundation
Fundraising and Events Manager
Reporting to: Bereavement Projects Manager
Salary: 30,000-32,000 Depending on experience
Base: Working from our Blaby Offices, Blaby Civic Centre.
Please include a covering letter of no more than 2 sides explaining why you would like the role of Fundraising & Events Manager and what experience and qualities you will bring to the role. Please also include a CV.
Closing Date: 28/02/2020 -12.00pm
Phone Interviews: w/c 02/03/2020
WHO WE ARE
The Bodie Hodges Foundation was formed in 2013 and supports families bereaved of a child. In addition to our primary service, we are also dedicated to raising the awareness of the importance of organ donation. Our vision is to give hope to families bereaved of a child by providing a range of services that support grieving families and encourage them to rebuild and remember.
JOB ROLE SUMMARY
This management role will implement our fundraising strategy to ensure that our income meets the needs of the services and projects within the organisation. The role will be responsible for increasing donations, working with corporate clients and developing and organising established and new events to support the financial stability of the organisation.
This role would suit somebody with drive and determination. Our goals for the charity are ambitious and so we are looking for somebody with a will to achieve. You will need to be prepared to grow and develop your role as the charity evolves. We are an exciting and fast-moving charity to be involved with.
- Accountability for implementing the fundraising strategy to ensure that income meets the needs of services
- Develop and grow relationships with corporate partners and donors
- Develop and account manage our ‘Team Bodie Business’ project(s) and grow its presence across Leicester, Leicestershire and Rutland.
- Use marketing to enhance the offline and online presence of the charity
- Responsible for writing fundraising literature to increase appeal to our audiences
- Manage and develop existing annual events and develop new events to add to the calendar
- To produce post-event evaluations and future recommendations for all activities
- To manage corporate and donor fundraising administration ensuring that all donations and income is recorded correctly, tracked and acknowledged
- To confidently present the key messages of the charity and encourage support via a variety of media including, conversations, networking, presentations, written literature, social media, particularly Facebook, twitter, LinkedIn and Instagram.
- Develop an online newsletter and regular e-communication to our shareholders
- Ensure that all our supporters, donors and volunteers as well as the general public have a great experience and feel valued whenever they interact with us
- Analyse donor and donation growth
- To take a pro-active approach to identifying new, effective and imaginative funding streams
- Work with the Bereavement Projects Manager and Founder to create a Team Bodie Community
- Work within financial regulations of the organisation and be responsible for the marketing and events budget
- To manage the corporate partners and events database, keep it up to date and utilise this to increase our supporters
- To be prepared to represent the charity with public speaking and presentations
- Support the team in the management of our events and attending networking events - this will require the candidate to work some evenings and weekends.
- For the candidate to be flexible in their duties, to support the growth of the charity over the coming months and years
Personal Specification Essential criteria
Education, Training and Development - Desirable
- Educated to degree level or equivalent
- Fundraising qualification or be prepared to work towards one
- Evidence of Continuing Professional Development
Knowledge and Experience - Essential
- A minimum of 2 years successful service in a similar role with a proven track record of successful fundraising
- Experience of running events in a corporate and community setting
- Proven ability to create, deliver and continually review fundraising activities
- Project Management experience
- Account Management experience
- Open and clear communication
- A self-motivator; To work to own deadlines, manage own diary and workload
- To set clear professional boundaries and communicate these clearly
- An ability to work with precision
- Self-Motivated, positive attitude and ability to turn an idea into an action
- Build rapport easily and with all levels of stakeholders with those they meet in a professional manner
- A can-do attitude
- Be a Team Player
Terms and Conditions
> The post holder will need to have own transport with mileage paid at 35p.
> A workplace pension is available to the successful candidate; employee contribution up to 5%, employer 3%.
> Holiday entitlement of 26 days, plus 8 bank holidays. (this includes a week between Christmas and New Year and Your Birthday)
> The successful candidate will need to have a Standard DBS and provide us with two references.
The client requests no contact from agencies or media sales.