Bolton Adult Autism Support ( BAAS) is a registered well established local charity that exists to provide support to parents and carers of people (18 plus) who have or think they may have an Autism Spectrum Condition. BAAS is committed to providing quality services to families impacted by autism and this includes safeguarding and promoting the welfare and wellbeing of those aged 18 plus and therefore expects all staff and volunteers to share this commitment.
In recognition of our services to the autistic community of Bolton BAAS received the Queen’s Award for Voluntary Service in 2020.
We now want to recruit a like -minded Co-ordinator for our Befriending Plus service.
Co-ordinating the scheme you will help to recruit, train and support volunteers; deal with enquiries from families, help families to identify priorities and achievable goals for those with Autism Spectrum Conditions and liaise with external organisations. Also compile reports and statistics for the service.
Enrichment of the lives of those with ASC and their families will be a key outcome for this service.
The person we are looking for will have:
- An understanding of Autism Spectrum Conditions and associated Mental Health Issues.
- Proficient at administration and IT skills.
- Ability to deal with enquiries from professional/ statutory organisations in a professional manner.
- Ability to engage with people who have an ASC and their families in a sensitive and sympathetic manner.
- Attend day time meetings as requested
- Have good organisation and communication skills
- Have at his/her disposal a vehicle for use in carrying out his/her duties.
- The ability to work from home as necessary.
- A start date for the successful candidate of 1st October is anticipated
- He/she will be highly motivated and have the ability to self -manage daily routines.
Hours of work will be 21 per week (flexible): Starting salary is £20161 per annum pro-rata.
Applications are welcome from all suitably qualified persons of the community but are particularly welcome from those with a diagnosis of autism.