Head of Field Organising
The Campaign to Defend UK Aid and Development
The Campaign to Defend UK Aid and Development is a collaboration between 25 leading international development NGOs, hosted by the sector trade body Bond. The Campaign aims to defend the UK’s commitment to Overseas Development Assistance (ODA) of 0.7% of GNI, campaign for the return of the Department for International Development as an independent government department, and shift the debate to one focused on improving aid quality, rather than questioning aid quantity.
The Head of Field Organising will lead and develop our team of 7 Field Organisers, with 4 direct reports, based all across the country, leading on the support and development of volunteers in our mission to raise awareness of UK Aid and international development. The ideal candidate will have team leadership and campaigning experience, have excellent interpersonal skills, excellent organisation and logistical skills, and a strong commitment to the aims of the Campaign.
Reporting to the Campaign Director, this opportunity will initially be on a 6-month contract with the possibility of extension for the right candidate.
- To provide strategic leadership and management of the field organising work, contributing to the development of the long term vision
- Supporting the professional development of Field Organisers
- Setting and leading the delivery specific outputs and/or team objectives
- Identifying areas for development and improvement across community groups and providing direction and support to the team
- Creating and introducing new ideas and initiatives to support the growth of volunteers and the groups
- Monitoring the progress of volunteer groups and reporting back to the Campaign Director and Steering Group
- Managing and building high profile external relationships
- Budget management and reporting for field organising work
- A minimum of 5 years campaigning experience within international development
- Extensive team leadership and management experience
- Experience of strategic development and implementation of supporter campaigns
- A passion and drive to fulfil the Campaign’s mission and goals
- Excellent interpersonal skills, specifically relating to members of the public, especially recently retired volunteers or activists
- Monitoring and reporting skills, both written and verbal
- Leadership and/or coaching skills and a track record of engaging activists
You must have the right to work in the United Kingdom. Visa sponsorship is not available at this time.
We welcome applications from people of all backgrounds and with all different kinds of life experiences.
The client requests no contact from agencies or media sales.