This role would normally be office based in London but due to Covid-19 it will be a home-based role for the foreseeable future. The salary for this role is £38,524 - £42,622, and it is full-time, permanent.
A fantastic opportunity has emerged to drive Bond’s media work, as its new Media Adviser.
This position will help build Bond’s media presence, support the delivery of Bond’s strategy and support the sector in championing aid and development that works to help those who need it the most. This post has two main purposes. Firstly, to coordinate and engage with communications and media specialists across the sector to address shared issues and achieve shared objectives together. Secondly, to maximise opportunities to achieve regular media coverage to help deliver Bond’s strategic objectives and services in appropriate sector press, in support of Bond’s strategy, positioning and reputation.
This role will work collaboratively across the organisation and the NGO sector and will help deliver a planned, strategic, consistent, and integrated approach to our media work.
- Ensure regular coverage of Bond’s work and services in appropriate media outlets to support delivery of Bond’s organisational strategy
- Drive Bond’s high paced media processes and functions, specifically responding to media enquiries, sourcing and developing stories, managing requests, supporting sector media colleagues, disseminating press releases.
- Develop the news section of Bond’s website to capture current stories and issue affecting the humanitarian and development sector.
- Work with Communications Adviser to ensure that media releases can be repurposed for different Bond channels, including social media, video and audio.
- Convene media staff in member organisations via the Bond Media Group and support the development of proactive and reactive messaging for cross-sector initiatives and responses
- Help with PR activity as advised by the Head of Media and Communications
- Demonstrate commitment to equity, diversity, and inclusion
At Bond, we are open to discussing the possibility of reduced hours, flexible working, or compressed hours.
Company + Benefits
Bond is the UK network for organisation working in international development. We unite and support a diverse network of over 400 civil society organisations and allies to help eradicate global poverty, inequality and injustice.
Bond offers a competitive salary and benefits package including:
- Generous Holidays (27 days leave as standard, for all employees. Additional staff privilege days, normally between Christmas and New Year)
- Staff Development days
- Interest free season ticket loan
- 7% pension contributions (staff pay 3.5%)
- Flexible working hours
- Perkbox benefits
How to apply
To apply for this vacancy, please send a copy of your CV and a short cover letter, outlining how you meet the person specification and why you are the right candidate for this role. Applications without a covering letter will automatically be rejected.
PLEASE NOTE: applications are being reviewed on a rolling basis, therefore the post we reserve the right to close the vacancy when we have received enough applications.
Bond and equal opportunities
Bond recognises the positive values of diversity and works to advance equity and challenge discrimination. We encourage and welcome applicants from people of all backgrounds. In order to assess and ensure the continued effectiveness of Bond’s Equal Opportunities Policy, all applicants are asked to complete a short questionnaire when applying.
You are not obliged to answer the questions but the more information you supply the more effectively we can monitor our equal opportunity practices. Completion of all questions is voluntary and failure to answer any question(s) will not affect your application in any way. The information you supply will be treated in confidence and will not be seen by any member of the selection panel responsible for the appointment. The questionnaire will be detached from your CV and cover letter, stored anonymously and used purely to provide statistics for monitoring purposes.
The client requests no contact from agencies or media sales.