Sector Change Facilitator
We are looking for an exceptional individual to help the international development sector respond to the changes that it faces. We believe that we are entering a decade of disruption where a number of trends are converging and accelerating. These are creating opportunities to improve how we do things. At Bond, we want to play a role in helping the sector to proactively respond.
This is a new role for Bond, offering significant autonomy to create and build a programme of work that supports our members to change and reshape the future. This is an opportunity for someone with excellent facilitation skills and application of system change processes to experiment with new ways of working at Bond.
The post holder will have the experience and confidence to both prioritise key sector challenges, bring people together to work on them and build the funding to support such a programme. You will experiment with bringing together different actors in the sector, in new ways, to find solutions to some of our most difficult challenges. We expect three main focus areas:
- Design ways for members and allies to collaborate that are influential in bringing about change
- Facilitate processes to identify and develop potential solutions to challenges which the sector is grappling with
- Engage senior decision makers in the future of the sector and how it might respond.
If you have this experience, an entrepreneurial spirit and hold the values of international development at your heart please apply.
Salary:£44,061 to £48,749
Contract type: Fixed-term contract: 12 months initially, but with the possibility to extend
Reporting to: Chief Executive Officer
Location: Bond Offices, All Saints Street, London, N1 9RL
- Expertise in designing change processes
- Proven ability to source and apply new approaches to change
- A strong facilitator with experience of building shared ways forward across diverse opinions
- A strong collaborator with skills at bringing together effective teams
- Excellent communication and influencing skills, both verbal and written
- Understanding of the key challenges the sector faces
- Knowledge of how change is achieved in an international development context
- Ability to manage a range of complex projects using an adaptive approach
- Strategic, analytical and creative thinking skills
- A commitment to Bond’s values and to treating everyone with dignity and respect
1. Prioritising sector challenges and shaping strategy for this work
2. Leading cross-sector collaboration to accelerate solutions to sector challenges
3. Building engagement and disseminating learning
4. Fundraising and business planning
At Bond, we are open to discussing the possibility of reduced hours, flexible working, or compressed hours.
Company & Benefits
Bond is the UK network for organisation working in international development. We unite and support a diverse network of over 400 civil society organisations and allies to help eradicate global poverty, inequality and injustice.
Bond offers a competitive salary and benefits package including:
- Generous Holidays (27 days leave as standard, for all employees. Additional staff privilege days, normally between Christmas and New Year)
- Staff Development days
- Interest free season ticket loan
- 7% pension contributions (staff pay 3.5%)
- Flexible working hours
How to apply
For further information please feel free to contact Victoria at Bond.
To apply for this vacancy, please send a copy of your CV and a short cover letter, outlining why you are the right candidate for this role by midnight on Sunday 29th March 2020.
Bond and equal opportunities
Bond values diversity and works to advance equality. We encourage and welcome applicants from all sections of the community. In order to assess and ensure the continued effectiveness of Bond’s Equal Opportunities Policy, all applicants are asked to complete a short questionnaire when applying.
You are not obliged to answer the questions but the more information you supply the more effectively we can monitor our equal opportunity practices. Completion of all questions is voluntary and failure to answer any question(s) will not affect your application in any way.
The information you supply will be treated in confidence and will not be seen by any member of the selection panel responsible for the appointment. The questionnaire will be detached from your CV and cover letter, stored anonymously and used purely to provide statistics for monitoring purposes.
The client requests no contact from agencies or media sales.