Bonsucro is the global platform for sustainability in sugarcane. We work with people and organisation across the sugarcane supply chain, including small scale farmers and some of the world’s biggest brands. We recently launched a new five-year strategic plan with bold ambitions and are looking for an Assurance Coordinator to help us meet these goals.
As Assurance Coordinator, you will deliver day-to-day support to the smooth running of all aspects of Bonsucro’s Assurance activities and will assist in maintaining and improving the credibility, relevance and quality of existing Bonsucro certifications. You will facilitate communication with licensed certification bodies and accreditation bodies (who carry out audits on Bonsucro´s behalf). You will also collect and record data, as well as preparing key information used in reporting activities.
You will be based in our London office (in a mix of in office and home working), will report to Bonsucro’s Assurance Manager as part of the Standards and Innovation Team (S&I Team).
The S&I Team is essential to ensuring the integrity of the Bonsucro voluntary scheme. The Team is responsible for maintaining the Bonsucro Standards, monitoring the standard performance through data analysis, developing Assurance solutions (certification audit services, exemptions, grievances, etc) and providing technical support to other teams across the different regions of Bonsucro operations.
Being a relatively small organisation with a global reach and a challenging ambition, we are looking for a someone with a flexible approach and a willingness to adapt to arising issues while respecting local/cultural differences. To thrive in this role, you will be methodical, used to process based tasks and enjoy ensuring that things are on track. Maybe you have worked in process or compliance focused roles or just have a keen interest in this type of work and have a good understanding of sustainability standards. As a lot of the information you will deal with is in Portuguese, a basic working knowledge of the language is required.
Job Tasks and Responsibilities
Certification Bodies - Accreditation, Engagement and Oversight
- Respond to applicant certification bodies requests for information
- Support accreditation and oversight process
- Publish accreditation information on the Bonsucro website when applicable
- Maintain relationships with Certification Bodies
- Support organisation of the annual Certification Bodies meeting
- Answer or escalate queries from the Certification Bodies when applicable
- Collect performance information from Certification Bodies, report to the Assurance Manager and follow up on corrective actions
Assurance Data and Scheme Documentation and systems
- Collect and maintain assurance related information and data
- Publish certification information on the Bonsucro website when applicable
- Support the production of regular reports related to Assurance Activities
- Coordinate processing of assurance related queries (from Certification Bodies, Members, staff members and other stakeholders) by answering, redirecting or escalating requests as appropriate
- Maintain scheme document control log and publish relevant documentation on the public library
- Publish regular Q&A information updates approved by the team for consistent interpretation of Certification Scheme documentation
- Support compliance with the ISEAL Assurance Code.
- Assist Standards and Innovation Director with the administration of the Technical Advisory Board
- Coordinate Standards and Innovation Team meetings (booking meeting, minutes taking, etc)
- Support administration of service providers / consultants (contract signature, invoice processing, meeting organisation) required for the delivery of the Standards and Innovation Team.
- Carry out administrative tasks relating to the Bonsucro Training Strategic Framework
- Provide assistance with any other administrative tasks that might be required in relation to assurance and technical support.
- Relevant degree in a related subject or equivalent work experience
- Good understanding of sustainability standards
- Excellent organisational skills, attention to detail, and an ability to work with multiple priorities
- Methodical approach and experience in tracking information and activities
- Proven ability to work independently
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills
- Fluent English, basic working knowledge of Portuguese
- Motivation and enthusiasm to be part of transformational change
- Comfortable in working in a highly international setting with cultural sensitivity
- Passion for sustainable development
- Experience of working with certification and assurance systems, or other compliance related processes
- Experience using Salesforce
- Additional languages (Spanish, or other languages relevant to Bonsucro countries of operation)
£27,000 – £30,000 p.a. & benefits
Preferably London based (hybrid working), but open to
considering other locations, subject to easy travel to London
As soon as possible
35 hours a week
12-month contract, with a view to extension
Occasional overseas travel may be required
Working at Bonsucro
We offer 25 days annual leave plus public holidays, a generous pension scheme with life insurance, learning and development opportunities, season ticket loans, and a childcare voucher scheme. Flexible working arrangements can be discussed although the team has recently moved to a hybrid way of working, with a mix of working from home and from the office, which will keep being reviewed in light of Covid-19.
Bonsucro is committed to being an inclusive employer and we value diversity. We welcome applications from candidates from all backgrounds.
This job description reflects the core activities of the post. As the service and the post-holder develop, there will inevitably be some changes to the duties, and possibly to the emphasis of the post itself. We expect that the post-holder will recognise this and will adopt a flexible approach to work. This could include undertaking relevant training where necessary. The line manager will consult the post-holder if significant changes to the job description become necessary. Any changes will be reflected in a revised job description.
How to Apply
Please send your CV along with a statement explaining how you meet the requirements of this role and why you want to work at Bonsucro. The deadline for applications is midnight on 11 November 2021. We will consider applicants on a rolling basis and so early submission is strongly encouraged. Please note that we will only be contacting shortlisted candidates
The client requests no contact from agencies or media sales.