Are you looking to bring your excellent organisational, communications and customer service skills to a role focused on providing excellent member service as well as helping drive forward sustainability?
Bonsucro is the global platform for sustainability in sugarcane. We work with people and organisation across the sugarcane supply chain, including small scale farmers and some of the world’s biggest brands. Managing the global industry standard for sustainable sugarcane production, we are the reference point for the conversations and measures that matter about sugarcane; providing the focus, knowledge and standards which catalyse a committed change-community.
Bonsucro partners with some of the leading consumer goods companies to foster collaboration and build sustainable supply chains in the sugarcane sector. Our membership comprises over 280 companies in many different sectors including Food & Beverage, Biochemicals, Bioplastics, Spirits & Rum, and Biofuels, amongst others. Leading companies like Coca-Cola, Unilever, PepsiCo, Tetra Pak, Bacardi, Diageo are all Bonsucro members. By joining Bonsucro, these brands commit to improving the sustainability impact of the sugarcane products they buy.
We are looking to recruit a new Membership & Markets Coordinator to work with our members and help build the market for sustainable sugarcane. This exciting new role sits within Bonsucro’s Engagement & Markets Team in London.
This is a service-oriented role, and the jobholder will act as the first point of contact for member support and membership processes. They will also be responsible for reviewing information that members share as part of their application to join Bonsucro and manage relevant communications with aspiring members.
In addition, the role will perform market research to identify new market opportunities for sustainable sugarcane and engage potential new members and partners.
The ideal candidate will have existing client focused experience working in a membership or account management environment, and bring strong organisational skills. With an ability to professionally engage with a range of stakeholders and a natural affinity to building relationships, the preferred applicant will also bring a strong set of research and analytical skills to support market development.
A keen interest in the sustainability of agricultural supply chains and human rights issues will round off the profile.
The position offers an excellent opportunity to be involved in a fast-growing sustainability focused organisation with an international team and wide range of members..
- Coordinate the account management of companies in Europe and the United States, ensuring member satisfaction and relationship-building.
- Support effective membership management across the organisation, assisting colleagues around the world in understanding and applying Bonsucro’s membership-related processes and tools
- Respond to and take ownership of membership-related queries from internal and external stakeholders
- Contribute to the development and roll-out of member engagement tools/systems
- Coordinate with the Corporate Services team about new member onboarding onto the CRM system, ensuring new member data is updated regularly
- Help organise Bonsucro’s Members’ Council meetings, including taking notes, producing accurate minutes, and ensuring that agreed actions are captured and follow up on their implementation
Human Rights Due Diligence
- Coordinate the implementation of Bonsucro’s Human Rights due diligence processes across the organisation
- Help regional teams to carry out risk assessments and the implementation of Bonsucro’s member due diligence processes
- Coordinate the due diligence process for new applicants in Europe and the United States
- Carry out checks for current and new members when required and support other teams with additional information required
- Undertake and support market and supply chain research at global and regional levels to inform Bonsucro’s strategies in different sectors and regions
- Map relevant events and identify market opportunities
- Liaise with the Communications Team about social media and outreach
- Support the development and maintenance of member recruitment and engagement tools (ie. presentations, B2B materials etc)
- Provide support to strategic working groups on key thematic areas, including Living Wage, Climate Action, Water Stewardship and Human Rights
- Educated to degree level in social sciences, law, international relations, or equivalent field/work experience
- Knowledge of key sustainability issues and themes (such as climate change, water, Human Rights)
- Service-oriented attitude with experience in delivering services and support to stakeholders and clients
- Relatable and friendly, with a desire to build strong relationships with clients and members
- Proven experience in membership-based organisation or key account management
- Excellent communication skills and ability to convey information clearly
- Strong research and analytical skills with experience in market research and/or customer prospecting
- Good knowledge of Microsoft Office
- Comfortable with virtual communications via Teams, Zoom etc
- Proficiency in spoken and written English
- Experience with communications, including social media outreach
- Knowledge of Salesforce CRM or similar account management tools
- Knowledge or experience with survey systems and survey design
- An interest in voluntary regulation and sustainability certification
Reports to: Membership Manager
Salary Range: £27,000 - £33,000 p.a. & benefits
Hours: Full time - 35 hours a week
Location: UK based (preference for London), Bonsucro operates a hybrid working model
Travel: Occasional overseas travel may be required
Working at Bonsucro
We offer the following benefits dependent upon where you will be based and the type of employment you are offered:
25 days annual entitlement plus customary holidays -or equivalent for your jurisdiction
Pension scheme - 8% employer contribution and 2% min employee contribution (or appropriate equivalent for your jurisdiction)
Life Assurance - 4 times salary (or appropriate equivalent depending on your jurisdiction)
Medi Cash scheme - discounted health care for dental, optician, physio etc (depending on appropriate equivalent depending on your jurisdiction)
Hybrid working practice- working in the office 2-3 days per week (if your role is based in the UK)
Season Ticket/Travel Loan (or appropriate equivalent dependent upon your jurisdiction) based employees enjoy the following (international employees appropriate equivalent):
Flexible, hybrid working arrangements
Pension scheme - 2% employee and 8% employer contributions
Health cash plan - This includes cash back on dentist, eye tests, alternative therapies, gym discount
25 days leave entitlement as standard plus Bank Holidays
Season ticket loan scheme
We welcome applications from candidates from diverse backgrounds. The level of this role is not appropriate for sponsorship. For this role, we are looking for candidates already established or able to be in our local market (UK). Attendance at the UK office will be required 2-3 days per week.
The client requests no contact from agencies or media sales.