Salary: £20,000pa pro rata
Contract: Part-time (1 or 2 days per week, with the possibility of increase)
Duration: Temporary initially, with the strong likelihood of longer term contract for the right person
Location: a bright and creative office in Dalston, East London
Feedback is an environmental organisation that campaigns to end food waste at every level of the food system. We catalyse action on eliminating food waste globally, working with governments, international institutions, businesses, NGOs, grassroots organisations and the public to change society’s attitude toward wasting food. We run a number of high profile campaigns, including Feeding the 5000, Gleaning Network UK and Stop Dumping, and have a high profile as an expert voice on food waste – recently featuring in Hugh Fearnley-Whittingstall’s major new series ‘War on Waste’. More information can be found on our website.
About the Role
This role is an exciting opportunity to make a difference within a small but fast growing charity. We are a friendly team, priding ourselves on maintaining a positive and values-led organisation. We aim to provide a flexible working environment with a good work/life balance.
Our ideal candidate will be enthusiastic, flexible, a self-starter, ready to get involved in all aspects of the running of the organisation. We welcome interest from candidates who are returning work after maternity leave or career breaks.
We're looking for someone to start as soon as possible to fill a current skills gap. This will initially be a temporary role, but there is a strong likelihood of a longer term contract for the right person.
In relation to Xero accounting system, maintaining all financial records and data accurately and within agreed systems, to include:
- Completing regular reconciliations of all bank accounts.
- Using Xero, raising sundry invoices and entering suppliers’ invoices, ensuring that they are properly coded, authorized and paid.
- Managing the coding of transactions by projects and restricted funds
- Processing BACS payments and maintaining accurate records of authorisation and notification to the payees.
- Assisting the Financial Controller to ensure prompt payment of invoices (within terms)
- Supporting staff with the correct usage of Receipt Bank and other expense processing
- Banking admin duties
- Cash management – arrange for sufficient cash to be transferred to/from bank account(s) in order to meet day-to-day transactions in conjunction with the Financial Controller.
- To maintain a high level of confidentiality at all times throughout all duties and responsibilities
- Undertake other duties commensurate with the role.
Experience in using Xero or comparable cloud-based accounting package.
Bookkeeping or financial administration experience.
Experience of working in a small charity environment, particularly an international charity running a number of restricted projects.
Bookkeeping qualification desirable.
Ability to prioritise a diverse workload.
Ability to act on own initiative and organise personal workloads effectively.
Excellent interpersonal skills.
Numerate & literate.
Supportive of Feedback’s aims.
How to Apply
Please submit a CV and cover letter (no longer than 1 side of A4) explaining how you meet the person specification and why you would like to work at Feedback.
Please note that we will be reviewing applications on a rolling basis, and as such may close the recruitment round prior to the application deadline. Due to the high level of applications we receive we regret that we cannot respond to unsuccessful applications.
The client requests no contact from agencies or media sales.