Location: home based, ideally in the East or West Midlands with easy access to transport links across the region
BookTrust is the UK's largest children's reading charity. We know that children who read are happier, healthier, more empathetic, and more creative. They also do better at school. Working with every local authority and across every region in the country we reach over 3 million families a year via partners in schools, children's centres, health visitors and libraries. This incredible network helps us to deliver our imaginative programmes which improve educational outcomes, raise aspirations and ultimately effect lasting social change.
We are now seeking to recruit a Relationship Manager. Working as part of a team of six, our Relationship Managers work directly with local authorities, particularly education, public health, libraries and early years settings, to ensure that BookTrust resources are delivered to children and families across the country with maximum impact.
We are particularly keen to hear from candidates with a proven track record of building strong relationships across diverse networks. The role would particularly suit someone seeking to move to the charity sector from a local government, politics, policy or early years background.
The Relationship Manager we are recruiting will be home based but with regular travel to our London offices. They will predominantly work with local authorities the Midlands with travel to other areas and regions.
The ideal candidate will be able to demonstrate the following knowledge, skills and experience:
• Enthusiastic, credible ambassador with a demonstrable ability to develop relationships across a wide range of people and groups, including local authority officers, politicians, civil servants, corporate and third sector partners and the public.
• In-depth knowledge and understanding of the work and structures of local government, and the formal and informal community-based networks they operate within.
• Ability to communicate effectively and cogently with a diverse range of audiences, in writing, in person and through presentations.
• A highly motivated self-starter able to achieve set targets, balance workloads and meet tight deadlines.
• Experience of working autonomously and as part of a team.
• Knowledge and understanding of how reading and literacy can support local government strategies and national departmental policy objectives.
• Excellent IT skills with experience of Word, PowerPoint and Excel, and ability to use new software, hardware and IT solutions as required.
• Flexibility and capacity to travel as required by a regional role
• An interest in the benefits of literacy and reading to child development, the value of books, stories and rhymes and the role of parents, carers and guardians in developing a love of reading.
• Ability to develop knowledge about the importance of reading for pleasure and the role it plays in health and wellbeing, attainment and social mobility.
Want to join us? Find out more about who we are, including a job description and details of how to apply on our website.
Closing date: 9am Monday 3rd February 2020
Interview dates: First round interviews w/c 17th February
Second round interviews w/c 24th February
BookTrust is committed to safeguarding and promoting the welfare of children.
The client requests no contact from agencies or media sales.