Key Marketing and Communications role within a small, dynamic and expanding premature baby charity, at the forefront of preterm birth research. Our passionate team saves lives, prevents disability and creates lifelong health for mothers and babies worldwide.
The Marketing and Communications Coordinator is responsible for the ensuring that Borne has a dynamic and engaging presence both online and offline. They work across the website, social media platforms, email campaigns and physical marketing to achieve this.
We are looking for someone who can not only develop strong communications strategies for Borne, but use their experience and skills to manage the day-to-day running of our channels as well. To do this successfully, they will need to liaise with high-profile stakeholders and senior management closely, while understanding the interests and drivers of our external audience too.
The individual will be expected to work across a number of ongoing events and campaigns, supporting the Operations Manager to provide administrative support where needed.
This is a crucial role in a small organization, and would suit someone passionate about our cause and looking for significant opportunity to progress.
Duties and Key Responsibilities:
- Manage the day-to-day running of the Borne website, keeping it current and accurate. Utilise Use Google analytics to evaluate performance. Take ownership of our SEO strategy to help our web content thrive. Where necessary, use insights to advise on structural improvements and content development opportunities.
- Manage the day-to-day running of Borne’s social media platforms, Facebook, Instagram, Twitter and LinkedIn. Actively create content to build engagement, and use insights to evaluate its success.
- Support the Operations Manager and other parties and stakeholders in ensuring marketing deliverables are provided within deadlines.
- Liaise with the Operations Manager to develop a dedicated communications programme for donors and other stakeholders.
- Coordinate production of branded materials.
- Work with the Operations Manager to develop and produce materials for fundraising campaigns.
- Contribute to team meetings and organisational priorities
- Act as an ambassador for the charity and keep up to date with its movements and activities
- Carry out other associated duties as may arise, develop or be assigned in line with the broad remit of the role
- Abide by organisation policies and practices, and the charity’s values
- Provide onsite support at Borne events
Skills and Abilities
- Very strong administration and organisational skills, with the capacity to pay close attention to detail and deliver to deadlines
- Strong eye for design and technical skill with design packages (Adobe InDesign, Adobe Photoshop)
- Excellent written communication skills including the ability to write accurate and engaging content for a variety of audiences and purposes
- Excellent verbal communication skills with the ability to communicate with a wide range of people, both in person and over the telephone
- High level of discretion with high-profile donors and with delicate topics
- Ability to work both independently, using initiative, as well as in a team
- Ability to multi-task, to organise and prioritise a busy workload and work to tight deadlines
- Proactivity in suggesting areas for improvement, potential for new campaigns and confidence in presenting ideas to senior management
- Experience of working independently and as part of a close knit-team in an office environment
- Demonstrable experience of managing social media and web platforms, increasing engagement
- Experience producing written content for a variety of audiences and purposes
- Experience liaising with a wide range of people
- Demonstrable experience of working with design software (Adobe packages)
- Experience working with email marketing platforms (eg Mailchimp)
- Demonstrable experience of web management
- Experience gathering insights via Google Analytics
- Knowledge of the principles of SEO strategy
- Experience of producing content for fundraising materials
- Experience of large fundraising events
- Knowledge of HTML
- Experience of working within the charity sector
- Experience working with high-profile individuals
Education, training, qualifications
- Educated to A-Level standard, Higher Education degree preferred
The client requests no contact from agencies or media sales.