Community Health and Wellbeing Officer (Environmental Health)
This is an exciting opportunity to assist in the development and implementation of initiatives to promote health improvement within the Borough.
Community Health and Wellbeing Officer Responsibilities:
You will join the Environmental Health team, working to improve the health and wellbeing of people living in the borough. As a key member of the team you will develop policies and deliver projects aimed at addressing health inequalities and achieving the best possible health and wellbeing outcomes for the community.
The successful candidate will also assist in the delivery of traditional environmental health promotional campaigns on issues such as food safety, healthy eating, air quality, noise action and climate change.
Community Health and Wellbeing Officer Requirements:
- Educated to degree level (or equivalent) or relevant equivalent experience. A public health related qualification would be advantageous
- Demonstrable experience of working in a health and wellbeing environment
- Effective cross sector or multi-agency working
- Experience developing and implementing strategies, policies and procedures and applying best practice to meet statutory obligations
- Experience of leading and managing relevant projects
- Demonstrable understanding of the purpose and application of procedures relating to public wellbeing, including issues relating to community health and wellbeing, and best practice
- Knowledge of current legislation and guidance relating to health and wellbeing and of health behaviours and how these might be changed
- Willingness to work flexible hours, including evenings and weekends and ability and willingness to travel within the county
About Borough Council of Wellingborough
Wellingborough is an attractive market town in north Northamptonshire, full of historical character and surrounded by beautiful countryside. It is also a borough with ambition and has been identified as a growth area by the government. Exciting plans are in place to develop the borough, with the town centre being the focus of major investment.
Location: Wellingborough, Northamptonshire
Job type: Full-time: 37 hours per week
Salary: £26,317 per annum (with the potential to earn up to £31,371)
This post attracts a casual user car allowance
Benefits: In return we offer a range of work life balance benefits (including flexible working arrangements), pension scheme, professional development opportunities, town centre location and free car parking.
Closing time and date: Midnight 3rd March 2020
Interviews to be held on Friday 13 March 2020
Please Note: CV’s will not be accepted. Please ensure all relevant information is provided within your application form.
Applications are invited from well organised candidates, educated to degree level, who have relevant experience of working in a health and wellbeing environment.
You may have experience of the following :Community Health and Wellbeing Officer, Health & Wellbeing Officer, Health Promotion, Community Engagement Officer, Local Authority, Community Development, Health & Wellbeing, , Environmental Health, Public Health, Legislation, Policy, Policies, Public Sector etc