We're looking for a Fundraising Manager who will increase our fundraising income to support our aspiration to create inspirational parks that improve people's health and wellbeing, reconnect people with nature and bring diverse communities together.
You will develop and implement a fundraising strategy to accelerate income growth in a sustainable manner across a diverse range of income streams, focusing on generating donations from trusts and foundations as well as corporate sponsorship.
For this exciting opportunity, you will need to have fundraising experience ideally gained in a charitable environment, whilst also having strong previous experience in building relationships with major donors and corporate partnerships.
If you're looking for your next step in your fundraising career and don't have all the experience on the person specification, but are a wizz at writing grant applications we'd still love to hear from you.
This is a fixed term post until 31 May 2021. We will consider both full-time and part-applications for the post.
Salary: £25,000 - £30,000 per annum, depending on experience.
Develop a fundraising strategy that will ensure the financial sustainability of a relatively new, but fast-growing charity, meeting annual targets:
- Work closely with the Foundation Manager to review existing fundraising activity
- Create a fundraising strategy to grow income across all fundraising streams
Trusts, Foundations and Grant-making Bodies:
- Identify and research opportunities, keeping an accurate record of opportunities and applications applied for, creating an annual calendar of key prospects
- Develop core generic trust proposals for each project that requires funding
- Write tailored applications, addressing grant making priorities or specific requirements of each trust/application
- Develop and maintain reporting systems to ensure each funder is kept up-to-date with our project’s progress
Corporates and major donors:
- Develop corporate partnerships, maximising engagement with employees at all levels
- Identify and approach corporate prospects, securing financial contributions and the support of employees
- Grow relationships with major donors across the region
General Fundraising - develop and implement other elements of fundraising mix:
- Create, implement and manage fundraising campaigns for specific projects within our parks and open spaces
- Work with community groups to increase local fundraising activities
- Develop a legacy plan
- Support the implementation of a new CRM system to increase donations and monitor donor journeys
- Ensure data is collated in accordance with GDPR regulations
- Monitor income and effectiveness of fundraising campaigns, producing accurate financial information and keep appropriate funding records for auditing purposes
Support the marketing and communications plan to increase relationships with supporters and donors, as well as tell the story of our fundraising projects:
- Write copy for the website, social media and e-newsletters
- Collate case studies and photographs/video content
How to apply: Please send your CV and covering letter detailing how your meet the Person Specification and stating whether you'd like to work full or part-time by midnight on Sunday 23rd February 2020.
Provisional interview date: Friday 6th March 2020.
For further information please contact Cathi Farrer, Foundation Manager.
The client requests no contact from agencies or media sales.