Community Fundraiser – London
Contract Type: Full Time – Permanent
Salary: Up to £30K (including London weighting)
Location: Home based, in London
Reports to: Community Development Manager
To increase the UK investment in brain tumour research.
Brain tumours kill more children and adults under the age of 40 than any other cancer, yet just 1% of the national spend on cancer research has been allocated to this devastating disease.
Brain Tumour Research is determined to change this!
We are the only national charity in the UK focused on finding a cure for all types of brain tumours through campaigning to increase the national investment in brain tumour research to £35 million per year, while fundraising to create a network of seven sustainable Brain Tumour Research Centres of Excellence across the UK
You will help support our mission through delivery of strategic plans and objectives, by generating and growing our income through community fundraising activities.
You will help raise awareness by engaging people with our work and by recruiting and supporting the fundraising of individuals, challenge event participants, our Fundraising Groups and Charity of the Year partnerships.
You will help build and sustain our supporter base and provide excellent stewardship at all times.
Requisite Skills and Experience:
- Experience in community fundraising, donor management and stewardship.
- A good communicator, with the ability to converse sensitively and empathetically with members of the public, who may be going through current or recent traumatic experiences.
- Ability to work proactively and independently.
- Able to identify and maximise opportunities.
- Flexible, embraces change and development, and is able to work occasional evenings and weekends when necessary.
- Experience of working with a database / CRM.
- Experience of working with MS Office, especially confident in Word and Excel.
- Outstanding organisation skills.
- Access to a car and full driving would be ideal but not essential.
Closing Date: Tuesday 22nd February
To Apply and for More Information:
If you would like to apply and find out more about this position, please click the apply button to be directed to our website.
Early applications are encouraged, interviews will commence before the closing date if suitable candidates are identified.
No agencies please.