This is an exciting new opportunity to join Brain Tumour Research’s expanding Supporter Care Team.
Job Purpose: To offer outstanding supporter care and fundraising help - ‘from start to finish and beyond’ to all donors and supporters of Brain Tumour Research. To manage the thanking process for the charity.
Reports to: Supporter Care Supervisor
Location: Head Office in Milton Keynes
Hours: Monday to Friday - 9am to 5pm
Salary: Up to £22,000 per annum
Requisite Skills and Experience:
- Outstanding organisation skills.
- A good communicator, including an excellent standard of written English.
- Experience of working with members of the public and/or volunteers.
- Experience of working with a database / CRM.
- Experience of working with MS Office, especially Word and Excel
- Flexible in your approach to work, embracing change and development and able to work occasional evenings and weekends when necessary.
- Be prepared to converse sensitively and empathetically with members of the public who may be going through current or recent traumatic experiences
- Manage, and continuously develop and improve, the donor stewardship programme, including thanking process and running online donation reports.
- Accurate coding of income; account management of supporters in regions.
- Manage and continuously develop and improve the thanking process for all supporters in the charity, including the production of accurate and personalised thank you communications.
- Agree, prepare and process merchandise and other order requests for supporters.
- Be available to undertake ad hoc projects for the Supporter Care Supervisor and the Leadership team.
- Comply with Brain Tumour Research’s internal policies as appropriate.
- Undertake any other reasonable duties as required by the Community Development Managers, National Fundraising Events Manager, the Director of Fundraising and Supporter Care and members of the Management Team, as instructed by the Supporter Care Supervisor
- Ensure that all relevant charity and other legislation is complied with.
- Deputise for colleagues as necessary to deliver an exceptional supporter experience.
Closing date: Sunday 19th December 2021
Early applications are encouraged, interviews will commence before the closing date if suitable candidates are identified.
If you would like to find out more, please click the button to be directed to our website where you can download the job description and complete your application.
This is a new addition to the Supporter Care Team, previous applicants need not apply.
No agencies please.