Would you like to work for a charity that puts patients and families first? Our support service offers emotional support, information and guidance to anyone affected in any way by a brain tumour diagnosis.
Brain Tumour Support is seeking 3 Support Professionals to cover the following three areas:
1. Oxford and the surrounding areas, within reasonable travel time of the John Radcliffe Hospital, Oxford
2. Devon and Cornwall, but post holder must be based within reasonable travel time of Derriford Hospital, Plymouth
3. Bristol, South Gloucestershire, Bath and Somerset
Hours, salary and working base:
- Flexible working between 9am-5pm, Monday to Friday with occasional weekend and evening work.
- To Cover the following areas:
- Oxford and surrounding areas – 28 hours (2 year fixed term contract); Salary: £16,871.20 (35hrs= £21,089)
- Devon and Cornwall – 28 hours; Salary: £16871.20 (35hrs= £21,089)
- Bristol, South Gloucestershire, Bath and Somerset – 35 hours or 0.5 WTE job share; Salary: £21,089
- Working from home but within reasonable travelling distance of major hospitals where drop in support clinics may be held and for meeting clinical professionals. Once the COVID situation allows, travel to the Head Office in Thornbury, South Gloucestershire will be required from time to time.
- Providing support to clients via telephone, email, text, social media, zoom one to one sessions, zoom topical sessions and zoom support groups. Travel across the region will occasionally be necessary when face to face support resumes so a full driving licence is required.
- Enthusiastic, self-motivated, well-organised, efficient and resourceful
- Emotionally resilient, empathetic, kind and able to relate positively to people
- Someone who is comfortable talking to individuals experiencing difficult times
- Have the ability to build good working relationships with families, clinical professionals and stakeholders.
You will have experience of supporting someone with a life limiting or life threatening illness; an understanding of the impact of a brain tumour diagnosis; an understanding and experience of general supporting practices coupled with excellent interpersonal and organisational skills; experience of working as part of a team and on your own; experience of both group facilitation and offering one to one support. You will be working with vulnerable adults so boundaries and confidentiality are vitally important.
5pm Friday 14th January 2022
Interviews will be held in the week commencing 31st January 2022 via Zoom.
Queries? Who to contact:
The client requests no contact from agencies or media sales.