An exciting opportunity has arisen for a Volunteer coordinator to join our small and dedicated team at Brain Tumour Support.
To be located within 100 miles of Bristol but covering mid-west and south-west England and south Wales. Initially working from home until COVID restrictions enable travel and meeting face to face.
Brain Tumour Support is a small but growing charity with a clear vision to support anyone affected by a brain tumour diagnosis. As we develop our work and increase our reach, we will need more volunteers.
As our Volunteer Coordinator you will be:
- Crucial in expanding and managing our volunteer team including recruitment of new volunteers and their induction and training programmes
- Responsible for inspiring and engaging our volunteer team across all our work
- Ensuring that our volunteers find fulfilling roles within our charity that also meet the needs of the charity and contribute to our charitable outcomes
- Ensuring that all volunteers are given the information, training and support they need to enable them to perform their roles to the best of their abilities
- Responsible for DBS/GDPR administration and safeguarding checks
- Working with staff to develop new volunteering opportunities around befriending and peer support for people affected by a brain tumour diagnosis
- Approachable and open to learning from people with or impacted by a brain tumour
- Self-motivated, enthusiastic, well organised and resourceful
- Emotionally resilient, empathetic, kind and able to relate positively to people
- Able to build good working relationships with families, clinical professionals and stakeholders
- Initially working via telephone, email, text, social media, zoom one to one and topical sessions and support groups. Travel across the region will be necessary when face to face support resumes so a full driving licence is required.
Hours, salary and working base:
- To be located within 100 miles of Bristol but covering mid-west and south-west England and south Wales. Initially working from home until COVID restrictions enable travel and meeting face to face.
- £21,000 to £23,000
- 35 hours per week. Fixed term 12 months with the potential of extension
- For more information about the role please read the Job Description & Person Specification.
The client requests no contact from agencies or media sales.