Brake is seeking a talented and cause-driven digital marketing professional to join our dynamic team, working to achieve our vision of safe and healthy streets. The role is offered on a 9-month fixed term contract and is a maternity cover role.
We're happy to consider applications from candidates wanting to work part- and full-time hours. Our staff team are currently working remotely form home, we envisage this role will be a fully remote / home working role with occasional travel to our Huddersfield Office in line with government guidance.
You will inspire, inform and engage communities and organisations across the UK and globally to fight alongside us to stop the world’s biggest killer of children and young people – road crashes – and enable people to cycle and walk without fear of traffic. Your work will inspire people to learn more, unite and achieve the solutions needed to save lives and the planet.
Motivated by your passion to make a difference, your work will help people become champions for change: to hear about, and take part in, our events and projects; achieve changes within their personal lives, communities and workplaces; grow our charity by fundraising; access our victim support services if affected by road crashes; and support positive government action.
What you will be doing
Through creativity, energy and a can-do approach, your purpose will be to plan, execute and optimise the charity’s online marketing communications. You will deliver low and zero-cost marketing communication campaigns that increase reach, participation and funding for the charity, while also growing and protecting our brand reputation. You will utilise the full mix of digital marcomms solutions to deliver measurable outputs that leap us forwards, increasing members, event delegates and participants in national campaigns and community activism.
You will work to understand our target markets: individuals, families and communities concerned about, and affected by, road crashes; schools; businesses that use vehicles as part of their operations; and professionals helping road crash victims.
Reporting into the Head of Programme Delivery, your role will sit within our dynamic engagement team and will be central to the delivery of our calendar of events, projects and campaigns.
Striving towards our 2020-23 strategy and our digital strategy, and recording your achievements against performance indicators, your work will drive up public awareness and opportunity to participate in our cause.
We are looking for someone who:
- Has talent, ambition and at least two years proven experience of working within a digital marketing communications role in a fast-paced, deadline-driven, creative environment.
- Has an excellent understanding of digital marketing concepts and best practices.
- Is a storyteller in all mediums. Powerfully reaches people in ways that have meaning for given audiences; writing accurately, succinctly and using the right visuals.
- Has experience with B2B and B2C social media, email campaigns and SEO.
- Has knowledge of web analytics tools, goal creation and conversion tracking.
- Has delivered marketing and communication campaigns from scratch before, with limited / no budget but demonstrable outputs and outcomes.
- Has skills and experience in creative content writing for web and online.
- Has an interest in what people think and do (behavioural change and psychology) and is able to digest and share new research findings in this arena quickly, and apply them.
- Can communicate, influence and collaborate well and rapidly across multiple teams, internally and externally. Is a team player who daily utilises strong interpersonal skills and participates in timely internal and external communication and debate to get the job done, in the best way, fast.
- Ideally has experience or understanding in the transport / mobility sectors, but not essential. You are, however, likely to have demonstrated an active interest in campaigning for change through a humanitarian or social cause in some way.
Your responsibilities will include:
- Executing marketing and communications support for all our engagement activity in line with our 2020-23 strategy, engagement model, and digital strategy.
- Working as a peer across the engagement team, and engaging with external organisational partners, to gather qualitative and quantitative insights about our audiences to inform marketing communication decisions.
- Developing marketing activity across all digital channels, including search, email and social as well as all other marketing campaigns and promotions.
- Identifying trends and opportunities to improve performance based on insights from our data across projects, events, social, email and e-commerce.
- Assisting with creating compelling marketing communication plans, storylines and content that build awareness of our cause and meet our needs for members, participants and funds; utilising the full mix of digital marcomms solutions.
- Writing effective, engaging press releases to generate coverage for events and projects through local, national and specialist media outlets.
- Leading on our SEO efforts (keyword, image optimisation etc) for all online content.
- Liaising with digital agencies as required to ensure websites are working and performing effectively.
- Keeping abreast of trends regarding “what works” in terms of informing people and enabling them to take action.
- Managing data in line with GDPR regulations.
- Using Mailchimp and other proprietary systems to manage data, in line with GDPR, and provide reports and insights
- Working on and assisting any ad hoc projects assigned by the Head of Programme Delivery as part of an agile engagement team.
What’s in it for you?
- Working for a cause that is vital for the survival of people and the planet; and for a charity that is evidence-driven.
- Working with a small and exciting team of campaigners and the wider road safety and sustainable transport community that is working at the cutting-edge of safe and healthy mobility.
- Having a role at the heart of the charity, achieving the charity’s vision and strategy.
- 25 days holiday per annum + bank holidays.(pro rata as appropriate)
The client requests no contact from agencies or media sales.