We are hirirng 2 Engagement officers
Are you passionate about working for a strong cause? Are you a confident communicator with great attention to detail? Are you a meticulous planner with excellent project co-ordination and delivery skills? Are you an excellent relationship builder? If so, we’d love to hear from you.
We’re seeking two talented and cause-driven engagement officers to join our dynamic engagement team, working to achieve our vision of safe and healthy streets. You will inspire, inform and engage communities and organisations across the UK and globally to fight alongside us to stop the world’s biggest killer of children and young people – road crashes – and enable people to cycle and walk without fear of traffic. Your work will inspire people to learn more, unite and achieve the solutions needed to save lives and the planet.
The engagement officer roles will focus mainly on the co-ordination and delivery of projects and programmes across two of Brake’s core engagement work streams. These are:
- Community engagement work stream, including our Road Safety Week, Beep Beep! Days, Kids Walk and Youth for Brake projects; and
- Fleet and professional driver work stream, delivered through our Global Fleet Champions campaign.
The successful candidates will work as part of our agile engagement team providing flexible support across engagement projects and our various engagement team functions, including events, marcomms and fundraising. This is a varied role supporting project delivery and contributing to the achievement of the outcome goals set out in Brake’s Engagement Model, and accelerated growth in reach, participation and fundraising from our target audiences.
Who we are
Brake is the national, acclaimed charity tackling the daily, horrific carnage of deaths, injuries, and air pollution on roads. Traffic is the biggest killer of young people worldwide, poisoning our lungs and contributing hugely to the climate emergency. Brake’s vision is that people get around in safe and healthy ways. Our values require us to be evidence-based, aim high, and work collaboratively.
We have a 25-year reputation for shouting out for positive change, advising government, encouraging action in communities, and delivering the UK’s National Road Victim Service for bereaved and injured families.
We work with schools and families, communities and companies to champion the cause of road safety and raise awareness of key road safety issues.
Who you are
You are engaging, confident and an excellent communicator, with the skill and ability to engage and empower people with a diversity of backgrounds and experiences. You are a creative, dynamic and organised person, passionate about working for an important cause. You are a strong relationship builder. You are resilient and work well under pressure and adapt easily to changing requirements and priorities with a solutions-led mindset. You ask insightful questions, build relationships, and deliver accurate, impactful communications. You enjoy working as part of a team and are confident and competent when working independently and on your own initiative.
- Working across engagement functions to lead effective and efficient delivery of engagement projects and programmes within budget and to agreed timescales.
- Recording your achievements against performance indicators, you will work across engagement projects to maximise engagement, reach, and income generation.
- Specific tasks will be determined by the Head of Programme Delivery using detailed delivery plans and schedules. Day to day tasks are likely to include:
- Project coordination – leading on all delivery aspects as laid out in delivery plans, running delivery team meetings, liaising with key participants and logging data associated with project delivery, ensuring professional delivery of projects, logging of delivery progress and ensuring project resources are released to order and to agreed timescales.
- Events – working closely with the events officer to support the delivery of our programme of events, including liaising with venues, speakers/trainers, exhibitors and delegates in a timely manner, and working co-operatively and thoughtfully across the organisation to ensure a high-quality service is provided and event goals are delivered.
- Marketing and comms – working with the campaigns and comms lead and digital marketing officer to ensure the execution and optimisation of effective campaign and marketing communications including social media, email marketing, SEO and website analytics across engagement projects. Developing effective relationships with external organisations, including project sponsors, expert practitioners, community and industry groups, maintaining effective relationships with existing marketing partners and sourcing new additional partners.
- Fundraising – Working closely with our fundraising team to maximise fundraising and income generation opportunities associated with each project and programme, facilitating fundraising opportunities across engagement projects
- Using the CRM and other internal systems effectively to aid efficient project delivery, reporting and insight capture.
- Working on and assisting any ad hoc projects assigned by the Head of Programme Delivery as part of an agile engagement team.
- An education to degree level or relevant transferable skills / work experience.
- An ability to communicate, influence and collaborate well and rapidly internally and externally.
- A curiosity and willingness to learn, seek and take feedback, and adapt to circumstance.
- Is a team player who on a daily basis utilises strong interpersonal skills and participates in timely internal and external communication and debate to get the job done, in the best most expedient way.
- A personality that is highly driven to make a difference and achieve the charity’s goals.
- Experience of identifying and securing partnerships.
- Excellent organisational skills and attention to detail.
- Is tech-savvy and intuitive with great ideas to reinforce our project delivery.
- Resilience with the ability to work under pressure and adapt easily to changing requirements and priorities with a solutions-led mindset.
- Learns and adapts willingly and quickly to new working methods or tasks.
- A commercial mindset and a willingness to work to achieve stretch goals with enthusiasm, confidence and self-direction.
- Takes responsibility for own work, is a self-starter who works hard and puts in the hours necessary to achieve assigned work.
- Will establish straightforward and positive relationships with colleagues and charity supporters.
- Excellent administrative and IT skills.
- Experience/understanding of transport/mobility sectors, although not essential. You are, however, likely to have demonstrated an active interest in campaigning for change through a humanitarian or social cause in some way.
About the team and how we work
- You will be joining a skilled, dedicated and friendly team.
- Our team works remotely and encourages use of sustainable transport.
- We are open to candidates wanting to work flexibly.
- Brake actively promotes equality, diversity, and inclusion. We employ based on skills and experience of candidates, irrespective of age, disability (including hidden disabilities), gender, gender identity or gender reassignment, marriage and civil partnership, pregnancy and maternity, race, religion or belief, or sexual orientation.
- Employees are subject to driver licence checks. If you drive, please note we do not accept applications from serious traffic offenders due to the nature of our work.
The client requests no contact from agencies or media sales.