We are looking for an experienced fundraiser to drive the fundraising strategy at a pivotal point in Bramber Bakehouse’s journey. Having built a modest but loyal supporter base, the next goal is to use fundraising insight and knowledge to drive a strategy that can fund our future.
The successful applicant will have a thorough understanding of fundraising activity including donor acquisition and retention, events, community fundraising, digital comms, grant-making and high value donors.
They’ll work with the wider team to help communicate Bramber Bakehouse’s activity and impact to potential donors and liaise with external contractors who assist in the areas of grant-making and digital marketing.
This role will be part-remote working with 8 days per month spent in the office. We offer flexible working and are open to discussing this, should your application be successful.
About Bramber Bakehouse
Bramber Bakehouse provides a baking, wellbeing, and employability programme for female survivors of human trafficking, equipping and empowering them on their journey to restoration and recovery.
This is an exciting time to join us as we begin to support women across the South East, providing more and more opportunities to receive the life-changing skills needed to promote independence through education and/or employment.
We’ve raised over six figures in funding through the basic fundraising activity we’ve undertaken, with little experience or capacity to drive a more comprehensive fundraising strategy. There’s significant potential for growth in fundraising income in the near future.
● To oversee all fundraising activities of Bramber Bakehouse
● Develop a fundraising strategy in line with targets set by the board of trustee
● Develop new fundraising products, campaigns and events and bring them to market
● Identify new fundraising opportunities and raise awareness of the organisation's work
● Manage the fundraising plan and schedule
● Report on fundraising activities and progress on a regular basis
● Develop and organise fundraising campaigns around key themes and dates (e.g. Christmas campaign)
● Undertake research on prospective corporate, major, trust and public donors
● Plan and run fundraising events
● Identify relevant grant-making trusts and work with an external grantwriter on applications
● Research and write case studies on the impact of the organisation’s work
● Work with the team to create effective fundraising messages for digital marketing
● Create a supporter journey for new and existing donors
● Liaise with external contractors and stakeholders where required
● Manage donor records on a fundraising database
● Where necessary and appropriate attend Bramber Bakehouse workshops, located in East Sussex.
● 8 days a month at the Bramber Bakehouse office located in Eastbourne
Essential experience and skills
● 3+ years’ experience in fundraising
● Experience of project management Desirable experience and skills
● Experience of managing high value donors and corporate sponsors
● Experience of digital marketing and communications
● A degree or qualification in a relevant subject
● Committed to Bramber Bakehouses’ values and mission;
● Broadly in sympathy with the aims and ethos of the charity;
● Excellent written and spoken communication skills
● Able to work collaboratively;
● Great communication skills;
All roles require a DBS check prior to the role commencing.
The client requests no contact from agencies or media sales.