Overall purpose of the role
Breaking Barriers is a data-driven charity which considers evidence to be the foundation of responsible decision making. The CRM and Data Officer is a new role at Breaking Barriers within the Impact Team, presenting an exciting opportunity for someone who is motivated to learn and enjoys developing workstreams autonomously. Your primary responsibility will be the overall management of the CRM, and you will also support the organisation with other data related tasks. You will contribute to the delivery of Breaking Barriers’ support, by working across the organisation to streamline and improve CRM processes and analyses.
Full Details are set out in the Job Description attached.
Founded in 2015, Breaking Barriers is a fast-paced, start-up charity with a mission to help refugees in London gain the knowledge, confidence and experience to secure stable and fulfilling employment in their new home.
We offer effective and flexible employment support in direct partnership with businesses that help refugees secure work, progress into better jobs, and successfully integrate into UK society. We have a unique approach, working with corporate partners to help refugees develop careers that match their skills, experience and aspirations.
Since Breaking Barriers’ inception, we have grown to support in excess of 500 refugees per year and have ambitious plans to expand this as part of our strategic plan. We concentrate on getting things done in a flexible environment where everyone is encouraged to take ownership and contribute.
We are a team of around 30 staff supported by several hundred volunteers, who are all committed to helping London’s refugee community. We are looking for similarly driven and ambitious individuals keen to join an enterprising organisation where they can benefit from the opportunity to innovate and shape the direction of the charity. Colleagues who thrive at Breaking Barriers are passionate about their work and have the confidence to work autonomously whilst remaining team players and sharing credit with all involved.
We are looking for someone who lives and breathes our values:
- Mission-led: our clients come before everything else
- Welcoming: we want all people to feel happy, comfortable and secure with us
- Collaborative: we are supportive and considerate, curiously exploring other viewpoints to find solutions
- Enterprising: we are discerningly bold, entrepreneurial and have the courage to give things a go
- A successful track record in developing, customising and administering CRM systems in a working environment
- Excellent problem-solving, troubleshooting and implementation skills
- Strong quantitative analysis skills including experience using relevant software.
- Good verbal and written English communication skills. Experience of communicating complex information, both written and verbally, in a clear and simple way
- Ability to undertake high quality analysis and develop concise reports and guidance
- Ability to work autonomously with excellent project, administration and time management skills, attention to detail and ability to prioritise own work to deliver the best outcomes
- A proactive attitude, with a keenness to self-teach processes and share learnings
- A demonstrable interest and commitment to working with marginalised populations
- Knowledge and experience of CRM management within the charity sector
- Knowledge and experience of Zoho platforms and/or familiarity with Deluge
- Experience of using data visualisation tools and techniques
Please note, in light of the COVID-19 outbreak, all Breaking Barriers staff are currently working remotely, and we will be conducting all interviews virtually.
To apply, please submit a CV and cover letter setting out:
- Why you are interested in the role
- What skills and experience you would bring to be successful in this role
Please note that applications without a cover letter will not be considered.
Closing date for applications is 5pm on 6th November 2020.
Breaking Barriers particularly welcomes applicants with experience of migration and/or a refugee background.
We are an equal opportunities employer and welcome applications from all suitably qualified persons regardless of their race, sex, disability, religion/belief, sexual orientation or age. We also encourage applications from job share partners or individuals with alternative working patterns.