Job Title: Employer Engagement Officer
Language Requirements: Fluent English
Reports to: Head of Corporate Partnerships
Location: Main office near Old Street tube station, EC2
Hours: 37.5 hours per week
Contract: 12-month fixed term
This role is funded by the Jack Petchey Foundation.
Founded in 2015, Breaking Barriers is a fast-paced, start-up charity with a mission to help refugees in London gain the knowledge, confidence and experience to secure stable and fulfilling employment in their new home.
We offer effective and flexible employment support in direct partnership with businesses that help refugees secure work, progress into better jobs, and successfully integrate into UK society. We have a unique approach, working with corporate partners to help refugees develop careers that match their skills, experience and aspirations.
Over the past four years we have grown from the initial idea our Founder and CEO Matthew Powell had while completing his Masters, to supporting over 500 refugees per year. Our income has grown from £40,000 in 2015/2016 to over £1 million this year. Our projected income for next year is £1.5 million. We are a fast growing and ambitious charity with a unique offering in London.
We are looking for a talented and ambitious individual to join Breaking Barriers at an exciting period of our development. Our award-winning Academy programme provides our beneficiaries with unique 6-month paid placements with businesses such as Western Union, Allen & Overy and Ipsos Mori. We are looking to build on the success of the programme over the last 3 years and to develop more placements, job opportunities and other meaningful relationships with businesses.
The role is a unique one: it provides the successful candidate with the opportunity to work across both our delivery and fundraising teams, ensuring that we source successful placements
We concentrate on getting things done in a flexible and friendly environment where everyone is encouraged to take ownership and contribute. We are a team of 20 who are all driven and committed to helping London’s refugee community. We are looking for someone who shares our passion to join our small but rapidly growing organisation.
- Reviewing and enhancing resources and materials to support new business development
- Working with the Head of Corporate Partnerships to continue to develop and articulate the business case for supporting refugees, whether that be through placements, job opportunities or volunteering.
- Generating and managing a pipeline of prospective corporate partners: identifying and developing employer partnerships with great long-term potential.
- Leading on pitching to potential new corporate partners and creating written proposals to secure income.
- Work closely with the Partnership Managers to ensure effective handover of new corporate partners to account management.
- Work closely with the delivery team to ensure business development is sourcing appropriate job opportunities for our client base.
- Attend meetings and events as a representative of Breaking Barriers
- Work closely with the Head of Corporate Partnerships to contribute to the development and implementation of strategy, including research, acquisition, cultivation and stewardship
- Write compelling proposals, reports and correspondence in support of strategic priorities
- Provide support to the CEO and Head of Corporate Partnerships including briefing materials for meetings
- Regular monitoring of pipelines of new business and ensuring continual updating on the CRM database
- Work with Breaking Barriers Trustees and senior staff members to identify prospects and opportunities for proactive development
- Build and develop cross-organisational relationships to facilitate fundraising and strengthen understanding of corporate partnerships
- Undertake any other duties that may reasonably be required within the scope of this role
- A demonstrable commitment to support marginalised groups, such as refugees.
- Excellent communication skills, both oral and written.
- The ability to process complex information and relay this to a variety of audiences both verbally and in written communication
- Excellent interpersonal skills and the ability to interact confidently and with diplomacy both internally and externally
- Organised with the ability to manage multiple competing priorities, meet deadlines and adapt to a changing and fast-paced working environment.
- Excellent computer skills including proficiency in Microsoft Office Suite.
Breaking Barriers particularly welcomes applicants with experience of migration and/or a refugee background
Breaking Barriers is an equal opportunities employer and welcome applications from all suitably qualified persons regardless of their race, sex, disability, religion/belief, sexual orientation or age.
The client requests no contact from agencies or media sales.