Job Title: Employment Administration Assistant – via the Kick Starter Scheme.
This role is being advertised as part of the UK Government Kick Starter Scheme which provides funding to employers to create jobs for 16 to 24 year olds on Universal Credit. Please only apply if you are 16 – 24 and on Universal Credit.
Language Requirements: Fluent in English. Preferrable: fluent in at least one target language: Amharic, Arabic, Dari, Farsi, Kurdish, Pashto, Somali, & Tigrinya
Contracted Hours: 25 hours per week (applied flexibly), 6 month contract
Salary: National Minimum Wage
Founded in 2015, Breaking Barriers is a charity with a mission to help refugees in London gain the knowledge, confidence and experience to secure stable and fulfilling employment in their new home. We offer effective and flexible employment support in direct partnership with businesses that help refugees secure work, progress into better jobs, and successfully integrate into UK society. We have a unique approach, working with corporate partners to help refugees develop careers that match their skills, experience and aspirations.
The successful applicant will be supporting the Programmes team with administration to ensure the smooth running of our employment programmes. They will get involved in supporting communications to clients, operations and logistics.
- Assist with the administration needed to organise the Employment Programme and its Sub Programmes
- Coordinate with clients to arrange enrollments with Breaking Barriers. Call and text clients to remind them of enrolments, appointments and events.
- Support with the monitoring & evaluation of the Employment programme e.g. carrying out surveys with clients over the phone.
- Ensure that all data and client information is accurately recorded and kept up-to-date across the Employment team.
- Support with the logistics of remote delivery and process improvement projects
- Support the reintroduction of face to face delivery, helping to plan and deliver a pilot of in-person support and make recommendations for a future hybrid model.
- Conduct research on employment, volunteering and training opportunities for clients.
- Where appropriate, manage and deliver quality employment support to clients.
- Support on other operational needs and projects as required.
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills
- Strong organisational skills – ability to manage and schedule time, and prioritise tasks in a busy environment
- Understanding of the employment issues facing refugees and interest in and commitment to working with marginalised populations, particularly refugees
- Detailed oriented and meticulous and willing to undertake all tasks that need doing, including routine work.
We are an equal opportunities employer and welcome applications from all suitably qualified persons regardless of their race, sex, disability, religion/belief, sexual orientation or age.
If you are looking for a role where you can make a real difference, we want to hear from you. To apply, please submit a CV and Cover letter outlining:
- Why you are interested in the role
- What skills and experience you would bring to be successful in this role
- Please state if you are eligible for the Kick Starter scheme (16 – 24 and on Universal Credit).
The application deadline Monday 9th August 2021. However we will be reviewing applications and holding interviews on a rolling basis so please send your application as soon as possible. We will not review appplications that don't state eligibility for the Kick Starter scheme and attach a cover letter.